Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meyery2k

Next crazy idea

meyery2k

Next time I make fat bombs, I am going to use this tray and crumble in some pork rinds to make Kit Kat bars.

Bacon and chocolate taste good and if Japan can make "strange" flavors of Kit Kat like Green Tea and others then so can I...

http://www.kit-kat-flavors.com/japanese-kit-kat-flavors-list/

post-58728-0-96560000-1462644245_thumb.jpg

hexex0

On a whim, I made dark chocolate dipped, sea salted pork rinds for a party, once.  They weren't bad at all, if you like savory "sweets".

sillygirl

I was not a fan of chocolate covered bacon either. It might be interesting to try the bbq flavored pork rinds with the chocolate since those flavors mesh well.

meyery2k

I was not a fan of chocolate covered bacon either. It might be interesting to try the bbq flavored pork rinds with the chocolate since those flavors mesh well.

Sillygirl - Oddly enough I just picked up a bag of those!  Will probably be later next week so I can experiment on my daughter Kala when she comes home Friday.  She wants my alfredo diabetes.  I found a perfect sized spaghetti squash and will give it another try now that my sense of taste has changed (for the better).

Seagal

I avoid the barbecue pork rinds because the ones at the $ store have maltodextrin and/or sugar, guess it is whatever they use in the barbecue flavoring.

Meyer, that is a prety good idea, let us know how your KIT KAT bars come out.

I use pork rinds as croutons in salad and crumble them in soup...can't have too many or I go over my protein budget, but they come in handy.

meyery2k

Kala and I made these with BBQ pork rinds and they turned out pretty good.  Good enough that Kala was giving them to her friends.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.