Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meyery2k

A thank you...

meyery2k

My daughter, Kala, wanted me to express her thanks for helping me manage diabetes.  I think she was thinking I had a boring diet but she has now seen that is not the case at all.  Someone gave her an ice cream and I asked for a taste.

She was puzzled and I explained that I can eat very small quanities of those things but I only choose to do so when it is special.  The thing to take away is that it is a choice AND it shows that I manage diabetes.  Diabetes does not manage me.  I can eat what I want, how much, I want, when I want.  I choose to eat as healthy as possible but I will still have my free sample fix at the candy store and steal a taste of her dessert.

I think she was relieved to see this.  She has seen some people suffer complications but she also realizes they were not managing their diabetes properly.  She sees there can be a balance and is happy that I eat better than ever.

dowling gram

Ditto from me too. We worry about our kids but years ago it was brought home to me that our kids worry about us too. I'm glad that Kala sees that she doesn't have to worry about her Dad because he's a savvy guy.

janice21475

meyery2k,

It is a pleasure to read your posts. I am very glad you got on track. I am sure your daughter is relieved beyond words.

Keep up the great work, spread the word. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.