Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jwags

Judges tell Medicare they must cover CGMS

NoraWI

My insurer is not United Health Care but if this passes, I am sure that my health insurer will have to follow suit and fall in line. I am looking forward to having a CGM because they have become extremely reliable and useful in maintaining good BG control. I am in the process of getting a new Ping from Animas since my existing Ping has been out of warranty for the last year. I plan to question my sales rep about the present status of the CGM coverage. Thanks for the info.

jwags

I am sure the government will still do whatever they can to deny access to this life saving device. I think you are right,mit would apply to all supplement plans. I wonder if it would be covered under Part B like meters.

Hammer

I looked into getting a CGMS a few years ago, and I was told by my insurer that as a type 2 diabetic, in order to qualify for a CGMS, I had to have a C-Peptide of 0.8 or lower.  At that time, my C-Peptide was 2.0, so I didn't qualify.

adiantum

posted this yesterday as it has me thinking the manufacturers are making  sleek handshakes

Australia is also facing an election & political promises have found $54million in their budget to subsidise up to 4,000 children & young people with a CGM.

Although, only if re-elected.

http://www.abc.net.a...hnology/7415318

don1942

My United Healthcare Medicare supplemental insurance covers 80% of my CGM and supplies.j

jwags

I was told the c-peptide had to be below .5 to qualify for a pump. I would think the same would apply for a CGMS. My c-peptide was 1.1 last fall.

TheBigNewt

I'd be surprised if Medicare covered CGMs for Type 2 diabetics especially those on oral agents not insulin. That could get real expensive. Does it cover your test strips?

jwags

I don't need a CGMS but Medicare does cover 4 strips a day for free for me. My Endo had to request an exemption frommthen1 per day since I have several diabetic complications which requires tighter bg control.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.