Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meyery2k

Pizza nights again

meyery2k

Took a portabella mushroom, removed the stem, then cut it up the stem.  Drizzled the cap with olive oil and baked 5 minutes in a 375 oven..  Made a personal pizza with the cap as the crust, filled with sauce, cheese, pepperoni, italian sausage, and the cut up mushroom.

Kala made her own pizza.

Takes about another 15-20 minutes to bake.  Turned out wonderfully!  Topped with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and the dried red peppers you find in the shaker.  Had some pepperoncinis on the side.

I am now thinking of stuffing the cap with ground beef and cheese and having a type of cheeseburger.

Very simple and a delicious payoff taste wise.  The best part of the pizza was always the toppings IMHO.

Weezy

I love pizza and we have it about once a month or so.  The Fathead pizza crust is amazing--we've served it to friends who couldn't tell that it was grainless and low carb!  It's even stable enough to pick up in your hands (unless you really load on the toppings).  We tried several different types of crusts, and this is our favorite....plus it also makes a great flatbread or garlic bread sticks!

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/30/weekend-bonus-the-older-brothers-oldest-sons-faux-carb-pizza/

meyery2k

Yum!  Will have to try it.   What size was your mushroom?  The portabellas available her are on the small side.

Gosh - I would guess the diameter was about 4".  With all the toppings and a side salad it was a filling meal.

meyery2k

I love pizza and we have it about once a month or so.  The Fathead pizza crust is amazing--we've served it to friends who couldn't tell that it was grainless and low carb!  It's even stable enough to pick up in your hands (unless you really load on the toppings).  We tried several different types of crusts, and this is our favorite....plus it also makes a great flatbread or garlic bread sticks!

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/30/weekend-bonus-the-older-brothers-oldest-sons-faux-carb-pizza/

Weezy - That looks really good!  I will be trying that one too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.