Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JanetP

Quickie cheesecake

JanetP

I am not sure if this has been posted before.  It is super quick and appears to be very flexible.  I think it would be easy to make variations on it.

Beat together:

16 ounces cream cheese

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup sweetener of choice ( I used splenda)

Add 2 eggs and beat again.

Pour into greased dish and bake at 350 40-45 minutes until done.  It did not quite take 40 minutes in my oven and the tops was golden brown.

I served it to company last night with an almond flour crust and mixed berries on top and heard no complaints.

miketurco

Sounds great, AND like something I could manage to do :)

How did the slices come out in terms of keeping their shape?

I would like to add dark chocolate to this. How to melt? What if... I used cocoa powder instead??

samuraiguy

Yup, sounds like the Kraft Philly Easy 3-Step recipe I use all the time. I use Philly Neufchâtel which for some reason has less than 1 carb per serving versus 1 gram for the regular despite having less fat. I also notice if I use artificial sweeteners it doesn't take as long to bake and dries out sometimes and cracks, but I beat in a little xantham gum and this seems to keep it from cracking.

GrammaBear

I am not sure if this has been posted before.  It is super quick and appears to be very flexible.  I think it would be easy to make variations on it.

Beat together:

16 ounces cream cheese

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup sweetener of choice ( I used splenda)

Add 2 eggs and beat again.

Pour into greased dish and bake at 350 40-45 minutes until done.  It did not quite take 40 minutes in my oven and the tops was golden brown.

I served it to company last night with an almond flour crust and mixed berries on top and heard no complaints.

What size baking dish and how did you make the almond crust?

JanetP

Regular 8 inch pyrex pie pan.  Almond crust is just a little almond, butter, and sweetener. . . maybe a little cinnamon or such, mixed together and smushed down in the bottom of the pan and baked a few minutes.

I think tossing in about 1/4 cup of dark cocoa would be very good.  Let us know how it turns out, Mike.

meyery2k

When Kala made cheesecake she made one without crust and it cracked.  It was also a little dry.  The 2nd cake also had no crust (going more for cheesecake filling squares) but did have a generous crushed topping of macadamia nuts baked on top (sort of like an topsy turvy pie).  It did not crack and had much better consistency.  I suspect the oil within the nuts in addition to the nuts acting as insulation were responsible for a better turnout.

She just followed the old school recipe on the cream cheese box substituting the apprpopriate amount of Splenda for sugar.  We thoroughly enjoyed both cakes.

Seagal

Thanks Janet, haven't done this for a while.

I sometimes add a little toasted unsweetened coconut & coconut flavoring to the almond flour crust just for grins. (of course then the carbs go up)

When I make the cheesecake I have always used liquid sweetner and lemon juice, and it has never cracked (that I recall)

I've also made a sour cream topping that goes on after the cheesecake is baked and then back in the oven for less than 10 minutes.  Wouldn't ever see a crack in the cheesecake if it is topped :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.