Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ran23

Tiramisu

ran23

I was faced with a nice desert today for lunch.   Knowing you are going to eat a lot of sugar, does it help to finish the 14 oz glass of water there to help dilute it??

dowling gram

I may be wrong but I don't think drinking water will have any effect on the sugar that goes to your bloodstream.

Fraser

I have only found two things that lower my BG. 1 don't eat carbs! 2 if I do then exercise works, take a brisk walk.

You can share in the enjoyment of a quality dessert just understand the consequences.

Today was my Sunday morning walking group we usually stop for coffe Or tea and pastry after. Typically I avoid

Pastries. But today the group stopped a place that I know hassomething based on peanut butter they call their protein bar, but it looks like pastry. So it was nice to sit on the patio and enjoy my friends and join in the eating experience,

The damage, maybe 1.5 hours later BG was 135 (way high for me). So I extended my walk. And at 3 hrs BG 86.

Do I do this everyday. No ) but when appropriate yes

Their are trade offs, but water I too believe does not work.

Moonpie

If water lowered blood sugar, why would any of us ever pay for medications? Eat the treat but maybe exercise for a bit, or just live with the high bgs.

Ela

Water might help a very tiny bit that you won't even notice, but some hard drink like brandy or whiskey is a different story!  ;)  And they go real well with a pastry too :P .   I'm not advocating it, but just telling you things from personal experience... -_- , besides you are over 21, right? ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.