Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moonpie

Cold soup ideas

Moonpie

Now I am in a warmer town, I need some cold soup ideas. Today we had cold cauliflower soup, with a bit of cheese, Last week, we had cold red bell pepper soup, also very good. I make a ton of soups in the winter, & both of these came out of the freezer, I was unsure how they would taste cold, but we like it, along with some green salad & ham.

Caravaggio

Chilled roasted bell pepper (I experiment with all colors) with chili powder and paprika. I like the contrast between the cold soup and "hot" flavor. I made this initially as a joke for my husband. He now asks me to make this regularly during summer.

Last night I had cold clear mushroom soup at a restaurant. Not bad.

Cold mushroom soup (not clear soup) - make mushroom soup (mushrooms, and chicken or vegetable broth), let cool, put in blender, then chill the blended mushroom soup. Add more broth/stock or if you're like me, wine or sherry, and cream. You can replace mushroom with another ingredient like zucchini, chicken and carrots. (I love our regular blender and the new immersion blender, and make soups all the time using this basic "recipe".)

Gazpacho.

Avocado soup.

Cream of basil soup. I found this recipe recently. I've not tried it yet.

http://withfoodandlove.com/chilled-cream-of-basil-soup-with-a-corn-cucumber-salad/

Lee - I've never tried chilled cucumber soup. I'll try that soon.

dowling gram

I don't like cold soup but I do make a lot of vegetable salads when it's warm, none of which contain lettuce. Cauliflower, Broccoli, cucumber and bean salads are my favorites. I also like deviled eggs and smoothies  or greek yogurt with a few berries for a hot day dinner.

Seagal

Before D I loved Gazpacho, haven't had it in 13 years, wonder what it would do to my b.g. now?  Gosh it was good.

Caravaggio
Before D I loved Gazpacho, haven't had it in 13 years, wonder what it would do to my b.g. now? Gosh it was good.

I can have a small bowl of gazpacho as starter. What I miss are vichyssoise and green pea soup.

Moonpie

I can have a small bowl of gazpacho as starter. What I miss are vichyssoise and green pea soup.

actually, the cold cauliflower soup ( which also had onions ) reminded me of the vichyssoise. 

I just remembered another cold soup like dish...... a caponata. ( eggplant, zucchini, olives capers, tomatoes)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.