Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Facts1962

water making a difference

Facts1962

Yesterday and today I ate the same exact thing for breakfast and lunch. yesterday before lunch I was at 90mgs and 2 hours after lunch it was 110mgs.

Today before lunch it was 76mgs, after lunch 98mgs. The only thing I did differently today is I made sure to drink 14ozs of water before and after each meal, where as yesterday I only had 14ozs of water before breakfast and some water after lunch.

Drinking a lot of water is important.

Kit

there's not enough difference in those numbers to say really

Yesterday you rose 20 points from before to 2 hours after.

Today you rose 22 points.

So basically the same rise for the same meal both times.  Today was lower, but that's because you were lower to begin with.

JohnSchroeder

How much glucose did your liver release both days?

Like Kit said, there is only 2 points difference in the delta each day.  If you argue that the starting numbers are different, I can point to liver dump as well as variability in testing.

Good numbers both days though!

Facts1962

I've always had a problem with dehydration. I never use to drink water, except with a meal. I was never much of a pop or juice drinker either, preferred milk instead. My doctor told me that dehydration can be a factor in hyperglycemia and generally recommend drinking half your body weight in water daily to hydrate the kidneys and have them function optimally.

TX_Clint

Let me see.... mmm.... 12 gallons of water.... ain't gonna happen. 2 gallons for me is about right or a little under 10% of my body weight. Even if you weigh 100lbs thats 50 lbs of water or about 6 gallons of water to reach half your body weight.

stevenal

Maybe that's supposed to be half your body weight as measured in pounds, in ounces of water. That would be a little over 6 glasses for that 100 lb person.

Too much water is also not good.

Facts1962

Sorry, I forgot to say half your body weight in ounces. So if it's 100 lbs then drink 50ozs

Kit

That's good to hear.  I was worried there that if I had to drink 65-70 pounds of water a day that I'd never make it out of the bathroom.  :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.