Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notme

Medtronic 630g

don1942

CVS also denied my claim for the Bayer Next test strips; however, when I called for an explanation, I was told to have my doctor call their appeals department and make a medical case for using the Bayer strips. I got an approval for 12 months at $80 for a three month supply (400)

lgvincent

Humana just denied my prescription for Humalog and the Contour Next strips.  They've always covered Humalog before.  Had I known they were no longer going to cover it, I would have changed to someone who did.

lgvincent

Well, I got it connected today.  So far, I'm needing less Humalog than I thought I would so I've had several insulin reactions.  I'm sure this is just from taking a bit too much today.  I'm sure my sugar will run higher tomorrow. 

notme

You have to remember Vincent. You have residual long acting insulin on board. You will need to do basal testing to get your basal rates right and let all of the long acting insulin wear off before you make changes.

lgvincent

Any suggestions on where to place infusion sets?  I put the first on in my stomach but I want to use as many sites as possible to avoid scaring as long as I can.  I see one place the instructions mentions is the back of the arm.  I was thinking of trying that next but it looks like it will be a bit of a challenge to get it in with just one hand as well as trying to change clothing since it looks like it would be in the way there.

lgvincent

Darn!  Battery life doesn't seem to be very long.  I just started pumping insulin Monday and got a warning a short time ago that there was only 30 minutes of life left in the battery. 

mom24grlz

Darn!  Battery life doesn't seem to be very long.  I just started pumping insulin Monday and got a warning a short time ago that there was only 30 minutes of life left in the battery. 

does it take a physical battery? or is it a rechargeable pump like the tslim?

lgvincent

No, it's not rechargeable.  I'm thinking of buying some rechargeable batteries to use with it but I've heard they don't last long between charges.  I'll just work with it and see what happens. 

mom24grlz

No, it's not rechargeable.  I'm thinking of buying some rechargeable batteries to use with it but I've heard they don't last long between charges.  I'll just work with it and see what happens. 

that's crazy if battery levels are low in that short of a period.  I know when Ashleigh pumped tslim the charge would last about a week, then she'd have to plug the pump into the wall charger.  But her animas pump usually lasted 4-6 weeks on AA batteries. I do know that Lithium batteries (we used enegizer) worked the best. Alkaline batteries did not last very long.

notme

This particular pump required that you use Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries. My batteries last about a month.

lgvincent

I changed the infusion set for the second time this morning.  I must have done something wrong because two hours later my blood sugar was 377.  Hopefully I'll get better at it someday. 

lgvincent

Corrections didn't do anything.  The only way I was able to get my blood sugar down way by using a new infusion set. 

notme

Sounds like a kinked or clogged cannula. I can't leave mine in longer than a couple of days or they just are not effective.

don1942

My 630G lasts about 22 days on AA batteries - same as my old Revel on AAA batteries. I buy a pack of 30 at Cosco for about $15.

notme

Anyone else getting ready to train on the 670g? Mine has shipped but my trainer is on vacation until the 19th of July! So much for a Spring release.

Tony

Anyone else getting ready to train on the 670g? Mine has shipped but my trainer is on vacation until the 19th of July! So much for a Spring release.

That's to bad, I hate when things don't go as they should. You could still test out the new pump, probably not much is different from the 630. I'm curious to know how the new sensor will work for you. 

notme

Pump came in the mail today. Now I am waiting on the new sensor shipment. They say they need approval from insurance.

Luckily, Medtronic has sent me one box of sensors to make it through until I am trained. I keep ripping out the sensors swimming.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.