Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NoraWI

Insulin Prices Spike

JohnSchroeder

I would really like to see the complete supply chain with markups from production to customer.  I think that information is somewhat available for most consumer good.  It may not be plastered on the product, but people can find out with some research.

Medicine though gets these absurd markups.  We can eliminate the pharmacy itself.  There is actual free market competition there.

TheBigNewt

I used to not be able to buy health insurance due to diabetes. I could get Lantus for half price from Canada, I write my own prescriptions. That was made illegal under the Obama administration. Which is garbage, "they" said you couldn't guarantee the same quality. Yeah right, it comes in the same bottle with the same label and seal on it. Right? 

holymoly

I've given up trying to understand how drug companies price their drugs. Something that costs $400 in the US can be bought in Sweden or Australia for $20.

Pfizer in 2015 had a NET PROFIT margin of almost 15%... a year in which they under-performed. That amounts to almost $7 Billion in net income for 2015... Not a bad business to be in.

All I know is that I am thankful to have a good job with good health insurance. Out of pocket costs for my insulin is $0. I do sometimes wonder how all of these changes to the healthcare system in the US will affect the access to healthcare that I currently have.

SweetAndBendy

Third-World, Inhumane Merica!!

Greed has taken over this once great nation.

The sad truth. And even though I'd be able to afford living in America, I'm glad I don't live there but live in a country where everyone has access to healthcare and medicines without going broke over it. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.