Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dznypal

#s update new A1C

Dznypal

I had posted yesterday about the fact my sugar# was high but had eaten a belgain waffle less then 1/2 hr before my app

and I was fighting a UTI

so I get a message from dr that they will run another A1C from the blood they took on Monday( just had an A1C done in MAy)

today I check the website for my new # and its 6.2!!!! this was only up 0.3 from may  it was 5.9 then  still it doenst help they keep lowering the range for along time under 6 was good now it has to be under 5.7 I cant win

so this briiliant dr comment was "my # is NOW in the pre diabetec range and I have to focus more on diet and excerise

I hate to bring it up but Iv been in the pre range since this whole mess started back in 2009 and to go back for another A1C in 4 months

well I did learn that even though the meter said I can have a waffle once in awhile I guess I really cant

what I dont understand either is how and why can they use blood that was taken on Monday--do they save all the blood they take for whatever reason

was the blood even still good

oh well it is what is --

dowling gram

They probably do save the blood they take for a short while in case they have to test again. The blood would still be good if it was refrigerated and if they are taking blood they in all likelihood have refrigeration for it

xpDiabetes

It happened to me earlier.  When I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I asked the doctor one question "Is my pancreas working at all ?  or is it completely dead?".  It has already been 2 days, as my blood result has arrived and we are discussing about it.  Then he said, he would add one more test "C-Peptide".  When I asked him, he said, within 2-3 days, we can still add additional tests and they do it. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.