Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PatriciaJ

Breads

PatriciaJ

Hi everybody:) I love all kinds of breads including corn bread and banana bread. Apparently these aren't allowed on a LCHF diet. Currently I have 1/2 loaf of 100% whole wheat bread in the house and hate to see it go to waste. According to the nutrition label, 2 slices = 21 g carbohydrate. So 1 slice would be about 10 g. If I have 1/2 slice (toasted) with breakfast that would be about 5 g. Do any of you eat bread sometimes and compute it into your daily carbohydrate limit? Should I avoid a sandwich using 2 slices of bread? Whats the alternative? I really don't want to give up bread, but not sure if it's absolutely necessary..

I also have Raisin Bran cereal and Cheerios in the cabinet which are both high in carbohydrates. The Cheerios have 20 g carbohydrate per cup and the Raisin Bran has 46 g per cup. If I have 1/2 or 1/4 cup of cereal is that a good idea. Hate to throw away the cereal too, lol.
So I'm wondering, as a general rule, if a label of a food has high carbohydrate content, would having a tiny portion be okay?
Thank you:)

NoraWI

Of course, the smaller the portion, the smaller its share of carbohydrates. But why tease yourself? Give the cereals away or feed them to the squirrels. And don't buy anymore. The milk you put in it also has carbs. Ditch the entire concept of cereal for breakfast.

samuraiguy

For me, all food questions are answered by setting some blood glucose goals and then using my meter to see what keeps me in goal range and what makes me go higher. If you don't want to waste food then perhaps find a friend or relative who will make use of it.

Barry6547

As far as high carbs in milk...I have gotten used to drinking Almond Breeze almond milk, original, unsweetened.  Per 8 oz. glass there's 1 gram of carb.

jwags

I still eat Eziekel Bread. There are also LCHF breads available at most stores. The only cereal I eat is Psyllium cereal that has 14 grams of fiber in it, so 11 net csrbs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.