Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MalteseMom

MalteseMom checking in

MalteseMom

I just want all of you that are on this site who have helped me tremendously find great success, with your help, to bring my A1C down from 7.1 - 5.2 and I lost 40 pounds doing it. I really need encouragement to get started back on my eating plan and being faithful to it. Unfortunately, I became sidetracked by the failure of my 20 year marriage and was more focused on dealing with that and began treating a little bit here and a little bit there. So now I have gained 8 pounds and for the first time since I started the low-carb high-fat journey my A1C went up a bit at last testing. The abdominal fat has returned and that tells me just how seriously I have backslid not only with my eating plan but with my faith. I have begun the journey of humbly crawling back to God with my failure, but I do know that he never left me he has always gone before me and I find great comfort in that,

And so now I really need to seriously focus getting back on my low-carb high-fat principles and the success that I found on this website and you people.

I remember how horrified I was when someone suggested that I was so hungry after starting the no sweets no Brad's etc. diet because carbs were the body's energy And that I needed to replace that with high-levels of fat. Like 80%! I was stunned and of course very skeptical but I decided to commit to one month. That great success I had was in three short months and I know I need to refocus so if there's anybody out there who wants to jump into the fray with me to put me back on the correct path, I would so appreciate it. I thank you to all of you that helped me the first time and I know Beth if you're still out there you still have a heart for helping people who want to help.

By the way, I still have my two Maltese furbabies, Elijah and Scooter. It's terribly difficult for me financially because anyone who owns Pets these days now is how expensive it is to take good care of them.

Seagal

Welcome back MM, I hope you can get your focus back after the trauma you have been through (from your post on DG's thread).  It is hard to get back on track after a hiatus, but you can do it!

MalteseMom

Seagal, I am so glad that you are still here!!! Thank you so much for your vote of confidence and I do plan on staying in touch because truthfully you guys are the only people that I can look back on for the last year or year and a half and know that you had my best interest at heart. Part of my journey has been realizing that not only my one best friend was after my husband but that other great friends were really just people I knew. They said things like real surround the wagons and will be there for you will help you do whatever you need to do you're not alone. Let me just quickly adhere that not one of them… Yes, not one, helped me pack or move when I had the vacate the marital home before my husband, yes steal my husband, returned from a 3 1/2 month bucket list trip with my best friend. There are other hard stories that I won't bore you with but just know those are the friends I had. So I am back and I am so glad you're still here please help me get started on the regimen again

meyery2k

Maltese - I am sure things will get on track quickly.  If I may be a bit snarky, dogs are usually better friends than husbands ;)

adiantum

Hey MM, I'm glad you found your way back & hope your thoroughly enjoying being free of those toxic people.

While your here on DF, you can be assured your with real friends...and you know those dogs love you.

Yes, I know it is expensive to care for them but I'd rather go without many things to be sure my dogs are cared for.

I have to make an appointment for my dogs yearly examination & shots, so I might have to tighten the belt too.

notme

I have total faith in your ability to get back on track. We ALL shade back now and then. We are human. Be patient with yourself and just put one foot in front of the other. You will do just fine.

Dave_KC

By the way, I still have my two Maltese furbabies, Elijah and Scooter. It's terribly difficult for me financially because anyone who owns Pets these days now is how expensive it is to take good care of them.

My dog is only 1/2 Maltese... the other half is Yorkie.  

14264926_10209308989975899_2259551649666

Java

welcome back, MM

very sorry to hear about your marriage, etc and it is totally understandable that you have backslid a bit

feel free to join us in the diet thread if you'd like; we report our ups and downs and all that jazz :)

good luck to you in your efforts to get back on track

gentle hugs for you as well

and a mighty kick in the teeth to your former husband and female friend

smh

MalteseMom

Thanks to all of you who have responded with your fabulous words of encouragement. I definitely need them right now. This has been a very trying year. Dave_KC, your for baby is adorable! Mine are white and I cannot seem to keep them clean.

Dave_KC

MM, love your furbabies baseball collar!!   OR...maybe it is a sweater?

It's something that went over his collar at the groomers.  

Thanks to all of you who have responded with your fabulous words of encouragement. I definitely need them right now. This has been a very trying year. Dave_KC, your for baby is adorable! Mine are white and I cannot seem to keep them clean.

Good thing he isn't white, he'd be a mess!  

MalteseMom

Seagal, i'm unsure about the collar for the dogs because I can't see the picture

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.