Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lklacy56

Green smoothie

lklacy56

Half a cucumber. 2 cups spinach. Half of a celery stock. 8 blueberries (palm size) 1 tbs HWC 1 tbs peanut butter. 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk.

7.6 carbs 308 cals 22.5 grams of fat

I could have stayed lower carbs and left out the PB. I made this in my nutri ninja. Does anyone have any recommendations or smoothies they like?

Fraser

Smoothies don't work for me pre digested food is transformed to glucose faster, and get rid of the blueberries , peanut putter is better,

My thoughts.

lklacy56

Blueberries so far, granted i am new to the process do not spike me. It's about the only fruit left in my diet. I am looking to switch to Acia berries even less carbs. Fraser do you consume any fruit?

Fraser

I do admit that I was diagnose with an A1 c of 12.0 down now to 5.5 but I assume I am sensitive to added carbs.

A few died cranberries in a salad makes me spike

lklacy56

Thanks fraser. I started at 12.9. I won't get a new a1c for 2 mths. Like i said I'm new to all this only a month.

Fraser

Unfortunately welcome, but there can be success,

Seven years now no meds for me. But LCHF diet and massive exercise. )

Kit

Same for me here.  Fruit is a treat I normally eat once in a while.  Maybe add a little avocado instead for the Omega 3 fats?  Plus it would add a nice creaminess to the smoothie.

I'd also want to add some more protein as you've only got 5g from the peanut butter and almond milk put together.  It wouldn't last me an hour before I was hungry again.  Maybe a little protein powder, unsweetened/unflavored greek yogurt, or similar to get that total to at least 12g.

Here's one I ran across earlier this year that looked interesting to me that has much the same ingredients as yours.

http://www.tasteaholics.com/recipes/drinks/green-low-carb-breakfast-smoothie/

jwags

Since I am a vegetarian, I eat more csrbs than some on DF. I find 1/4 cup of berries is fine added to my smoothies. I usually mix 1 cup Of almond milk, 1 scoop of vegan protein powder, walnuts,spinach, berries, fresh ginger, hemp and flax seeds. My bg doesn'nt spike very much.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.