Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PatriciaJ

Bob's Red Mill low carb bread mix

dowling gram

No I haven't used it but I looked at the nutrition information on the back. I decided it was too high carb for me.

Moonpie

As with everything else, you will have to try it for yourself & test. I think there was another thread about it, a while back.

Barnette84

I haven't used that product but if you'd like to try a lower carb bread, I buy Nature's Harvest Light whole wheat bread which has 17 total carbs for two slices with 6 grams of fiber, bringing it down to 11 Net carbs for two slices.  No HFCS and it doesn't spike me :-). 

PatriciaJ

Hi Barnette, I couldn't find the "light" Nature's Harvest whole wheat bread at the grocery store. I bought Nature's Harvest stone ground whole wheat. The label listed serving size as two slices which contain 29 carbs with 4 grams of fiber, bringing it down to 25 carbs for two slices or 12.5 carbs for one slice. Did you get the light brand at a health food store?

Barnette84

Hi Barnette, I couldn't find the "light" Nature's Harvest whole wheat bread at the grocery store. I bought Nature's Harvest stone ground whole wheat. The label listed serving size as two slices which contain 29 carbs with 4 grams of fiber, bringing it down to 25 carbs for two slices or 12.5 carbs for one slice. Did you get the light brand at a health food store?

Hi Patricia, I buy the Nature's Harvest Light at ShopRite and Walmart. They also have a light multigrain bread with the same amount of carbs and calories, but I prefer the whole wheat.  I highly recommend it for taste and low carb count.  I use the end pieces as rolls for Applegate beef hotdogs which are the healthiest beef hot dogs I could find.  Only 6g of fat, no carbs, uncured, no nitrites.  I hope you can find the bread because it's been wonderful for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.