Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
ran23

Thrift-ing

ran23

Looking at the discount Tie rack, I saw a nice red paisley.  No label, so I check the back blade, a stitch was missing, so maybe that is why it was on sale.   Further up the back blade, I found the label  'Burberry'  $2.00

ran23

I bought a Lord & Taylor Blue sport coat off ebay.  Fit was good except shoulders.  Guys at my Men's Store assured me I was being picky, good fit overall.  two button, dual vent, take off all the new tags.     it's a keeper.  First time to fit in a 'slim fit' jacket. 

ran23

Going thru my closet.  I pulled a few jackets and shirts to sell off.  Shirts that don't fit well, I have replaced with Brooks, Nordstrom or Charles Thyrwitt. 

adiantum

I've also been involved with selling unwanted  items.

Ive been selling big items around the house to save on removalists charges.

I guess I could use the money buying new things..one day :))

ran23

My seamstress thinks it is an easy fix on that gingham shirt and if not, credit it toward short sleeves.  not a bad day.  

ran23

Picked out a grey strip suit on special discount.  they offered me a few tie to go with it.  I know the ties in the backroom, not put out yet. They brought out about 12 to put out for sale. I picked a nice Navy pattern tie.  It turned out to be a $195 Turnbull & Asser.   that is worth more than the basic suit. yes, I got it. 

ran23

On ebay if you total up $100 in your cart,  enter 'Pregame15' for a 15% discount.  Needed  8.00 for make that, found a Nordstrum shirt to bring up the total. I think that code is good for tonight only.  

ran23

With Autumn  approaching, I found Merino Wool sweaters at Uniqlo on sale.  Picked up Navy and Grey V-Necks at $34.90.   Trim fit, this is Japanese sizing.  On the 'bay, I saw a Uniqlo Cashmere cardigan-- entry bid $3.90 Canadian.  With hours left, I got that coming.    ready for Fall.

adiantum

Ran, you make me feel permanently dressed down but I do enjoy reading of your wardrobe additions & the bargains you get them at.

I bought Merrell shoes online  for $22 & was incredibly excited until they arrived. 

The measurements given were wrong by 1cm about 1/2 inch & they are too small.

s-l500.jpg.6dbe5b1e80b77a59dcbe2fb4df80017e.jpg

ran23

Good ebay day today.  got my Uniqlo Merino Wool Brown cardigan today and 5 Cedar Hangers just in case.  and won a Uniqlo white Polo this morning. 

ran23

With a few credits under the belt, I picked out my first leather jacket. Street, not moto, blazer or motorcycle look. Claiborne black lambskin. 

adiantum

When de-cluttering I was pleased I knew a young woman HOG, so was able to give her the 2 motorcycle leather jackets I had.

ran23

I tried two low bid offers on ebay, finally just bought this sweater outright.  Yellow Merino wool Uniqlo (that colour is not listed anymore). happy

OneEye
19 hours ago, ran23 said:

I tried two low bid offers on ebay, finally just bought this sweater outright.

When I first joined eBay I did some bidding. Always seemed that there was someone with some tricky last-second software that outbid me every time. From then on...the first filter I clicked on was Buy It Now. All the time I would have spent bidding...that puppy coulda been on a truck headin' my way. :)

adiantum

I wait until the last 5 seconds to place my bid on an ebay auction.

I make just one bid & its the highest I intend to go.

Very rarely do I miss out.

I dont like  early bidding as theres too many sellers upping the increments.

ran23

New with tags, a Uniqlo Yellow Merino Wool V-neck sweater.   I saw a pic of a Navy Blazer, same sweater, white shirt and Navy Knit Tie that looked great. So now I can duplicate that.   ebay purchase.