Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
ran23

Thrift-ing

ran23

I got a StoneHaven wool 3 piece suit in today.  Vest is tight, trousers need alteration, jacket is a good fit--38_s.  grey strip, think subtle business stripe.   General go-to suit for a while.  until I find a Navy suit in my size.     StoneHaven=Men's Warehouse???

ran23

Alterations will be as much as I paid for the suit.  Taking the vest apart and trying to open it up.  $17 US for letting out the waist is OK.  (the gal I used to have my clothes done retired, she would have said $14 or so.)  Now, why do I need it, if no gatherings are going to happen anymore?

adiantum

Being thrifty has paid off for me now that panic buying has hit the supermarkets.

I buy extras when food & household items are on half priced sale & now I'm reaping the benefit.

The week before the panic began, toilet tissue was half priced , so I bought 3  pkts

Ive got 2 freezers full & a heavily laden pantry of sardines, salmon for me & Spam for my dog.

All were half priced.

I'm sure we wont see those prices again for a long time. 

ran23

Got my b'day shirt today, a Nordstrum  Traditional Fit, best fit for me.  Still have not figured what Brooks shirt fits the best.   

adiantum

Enjoy your Nordstrom shirt ran.....

My birthday suit doesnt fit me so well these days, it's even saggy is some areas, but having alterations made is risky & too expensive.

ran23

My Alteration Center is open by appointment.  The last Suit needed work, not that I am going to wear it anywhere now. 

ran23

I did find a, New with tags, Uniqlo Merino Wool V-neck in red.  that's it for a while.  

ran23

Not quite thrifting, I ordered a Amazon Good Threads L/S nice casual shirt for $15.xx.  Good fit ,well made.  Thought I would try out some of their line of men's wear.  It measures like a 'tailored fit', since I am not really slim cut.  great price, will see how it is after a few washes.