Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adiantum

Jardiace

adiantum

Ive just seen that jardiace has become available for type2's

It is claimed to reduce the risk of CVD .

The rep discussing this was from Austin . He said 7,000 people worldwide have trialled it.

In Australia, it is available on the PBS & only to those with type2  with an established  history of CVD

https://www.jardiance.com/how-it-works

FunDad62

I was prescribed Jardiance a year ago when my insurance stopped covering Invokana.  I found it didn't seem to work as well so my doctor got me a discount and got me back on the Invokana.  I still have a few bottles of Jardiance in my cabinet.

adiantum

its interesting that its been available for so long. the news item made it out to be a new miracle drug.

perhaps its because its only just been made available on the PBS pharmaceutical benefits scheme here .

Being on the PBS means that it will only cost about $7 here

jbrowning2612

I've been a type 1 diabetic for about ten years now. Have always taken Novolog and Lantus insulins daily. My last A1c three months ago was a 9.1. My doctor put me on Jardiance to help with the high blood sugar. So far, the only side effects I have noticed are increased thirst and increased urination, which is expected. Blood sugar levels have been better but, have only been taking it for five days. Any other type 1 diabetics taking Jardiance along with insulins?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.