Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mom24grlz

update: it's been a while..

mom24grlz

Hey, it's been a while since i stopped in. So thought i'd give an update on Ashleigh and how she's doing.  She is still working at Subway (going on 2 years now). She's currently a night shift manager but has put in for assistant manager. She works after school 4 days a week. and sometimes on a Saturday. She graduates on May 27 and is one of 5 valedictorians. yes our school has 5 of them! But i'm proud of her for achieving her goal of becoming a valedictorian.  Diabetes wise she just had a check up last week. This was the last appointment where i was required to come, because at the one in May she'll be 18. She's pretty excited to not have mom come along LOL! I hope she still keeps me updated (she said she would...) We're not sure of her A1C. She had her yearly labs ran a week prior to the appointment. Labs were run at a local hospital, and then they were to fax the results to Ashleigh's endocrinologist. Well we get to the appointment and none of the labs were faxed over. So they didn't want to run an  A1C and have insurance not cover it in the event the hospital ran one (they were supposed to).  The endocrinologist said they'd call us the next day and let us know the lab results.  Called the next day and her A1C was never ran! ugh! We discussed it and since Ashleigh's A1C's have been staying 6.5% or below for the past 6 1/2 years, that they felt it would be ok to just wait until May to get it ran. Which is good because Ashleigh has classes she can' t miss. it's just hard this being her last year of high school to find a good time to go to appointments.   Also we decided to try out Tresiba. I had heard good things about it and asked the Endocrinologist for a sample pen. They gave us 2 :). I wanted her to use the last of the Lantus up, before starting it. On Sunday she took her 7AM Lantus dose. We skipped her 8pm lantus (she splits), and then Monday morning she started on tresiba. Ashleigh hasnt' really said one way or the other what she thinks of it. But we'll use the 2 pens up and then she can decide whether we tell her endocrinologist we want a script for it or we just go back to lantus. 

meyery2k

Congratulations to Ashleigh!

She seems to be a very well-rounded and bright young lady.  I am certain your parenting played a very large role.  Congratulations to you as well!

NoraWI

It's nice to hear about Ashley. Thank you. She really did grow up before our eyes! Congrats on her being valedictorian. That must be a very large high school to have five. She is a smart girl with a great future. Congratulations!

adiantum

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.. I feel she is  one of our own & we share the pride &  concern of her.

Wow.. just one week before she turns 18

:five:  Your one cool mom !!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.