Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlando

How do you divide up your daily allowance of proteins

kooka

I'm on a plant diet but even with that I eat more protein at breakfast. It seems if I start out with a good reading it does better during the day. Then with supper I eat more because it seems to help with the DP.

jwags

LIke Barb I do most of my protein in the morning. I normally do a pea protein smoothie or Greek yogurt with hemp seeds and blueberries. Lunch is usually something small like hummus on sprouted bread and veggies. DInner is usually a veggie burger or soup. If I think I am low on protein I use a spoonful of peanut butter to up my daily protein,

meyery2k

I have pretty hearty meals for breakfast and lunch.  I try to keep dinner lighter (no meat).  This seems to help a little with fasting numbers.  I certainly sleep a little better.

Kit

I spread mine out pretty evenly over the course of the day  now that doesn't mean its exact, there is some variation, but its not a major factor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.