Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moonpie

A1c 5.8 fbg 120

Moonpie

My husband got his blood results back, Dr says everything is fine,but I am a bit concerned at the 120, The lab had it down as a random blood test but he had been fasting for the cholesterol one. I guess I will have to try & help him loose weight. Of course if I tell him I think he has Pre D he will ignore me & repeat Dr said everything is wonderful.

jwags

His HbA1c is still good. I have good fastings under 100 but my HbA1 c is 6.8. I am sure if your husband tweaked his diet a little and upped his exercise he could drop into the normal range.

TX_Clint

My fasting bg often is that elevated and sometimes more when I go to get labs. It seems my liver is very good at boosting my bg when I fast. I think mine was 130 last week when I got my labs done but came right back down under 100 after breakfast and taking my meds. I am used to bg being over 100 every morning but I usually have a A1c under 6. My A1c was 5.9 from last weeks labs.

Moonpie

Thank you both. Clint, that is a good point, he normally makes breakfast as soon as he gets up ( bacon & egg or sausage & egg with mushrooms or peppers ) fairly low carb, but the day of the blood test he did not eat before he left home & had to wait  almost an hour for the lab to open up before the blood draw, so I can see the liver kicking in.

Jeane, thanks, I am hoping once the rain stops we can get out & do more walking. I know I can put on rain jacket & walk, but it isn't much fun.

Orlando

You could do some kind of oral glucose tolerance on him at home to get an idea of his situation. Include a few more tests and you will see just how insulin resistant he is.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.