Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pattycolombia

Just Found this article "fasting Diet regenerates diabetic pancreas"

notme

I think any study they are doing to help people understand diabetes is worth the read if it is a legitimate study. I am doing a fasting diet right now with my husband. He is a borderline type 2. I can't report back on our human study in a few weeks. ;)

OneEye

"On behalf of the ASPCM...we're asking you humans to stop giving us diabetes then trying to cure it.

Trust me...unless you've had your skull crushed in a Victor mousetrap...you've got nothing to whine about!"

rat.jpg

Dave_KC

And after multiple studies, clinical trials and the FDA vetting process it will be ready to go Spring of 2046 ;)

Sadly that's not a shocking date, but hopefully it's before then.  But this is something that if it really starts showing hope, people will likely start doing it before it finishes clinical trials on their own.

Kit

There is part that confuses me.

"People with type 1 and type 2 diabetes would benefit immensely from treatments that can repair or regenerate insulin-producing cells in the pancreas."

From what I understand, Type2 diabetics, at least early ones, are usually awash in insulin.  So is getting more beta cells functional going after the cause or a result of a cause?

meyery2k

+1 to Kit

For those of us that are insulin resistant, some of us make it fine, we just don't use it well.  I don't see the benefit of having more beta cells to make more insulin that we are resistant to.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.