Diabetes forums
Hammer

A gun thread...

FunDad62
12 hours ago, buddy7 said:

Sorry Fun-Dad an “AR-15 it’s not just a rifle”, with the wrong person behind any gun, it can kill lots of people “It only shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger” I get a little perturb when people mention the mechanical no-how on how it functions, there are no two ways about it, in the wrong hands, the gun was designed to kill. (Period)

Perturbed about what?  It's no different than any other rifle.  What a person does with it has nothing to do with it.  You said it yourself.  "The wrong person behind ANY gun."  Why pick on a rifle because it's painted all black and has a different design than a hunting rifle?  And weren't ALL guns designed to kill?  In fact there are hunting rifles that shoot a much larger caliber bullet than "assault weapons".   Your rebuttle makes no sense to my original post.

Hammer

Deciding to remove semi-automatic rifles from the public, because some idiot abused them, reminds me of a true story that a neighbor told me many years ago.  He was a Green Beret stationed in Viet Nam, and he, along with a small group of other soldiers, were given the task of setting up a camp, so that more soldiers could be sent there.  They set up the camp tents into a horse shoe arrangement, with the water tanks located in the back of the center section of the horse shoe.  A tanker truck loaded with water pulled up, and the driver asked where the Green Beret wanted him to deliver the water.  The Green Beret told the driver to pull into the back of the tents to fill up the tanks back there.  The driver told him that he couldn't, because he wasn't allowed to back up the tanker truck.  He told the Green Beret that, one of the drivers had damaged the transmission of his truck when he tried to back up, so those in charge issued a directive to order the drivers to not back up their trucks anymore.

Instead of re-training the driver on how to back up trucks, those in charge decided to issue an order to not back up their trucks anymore.  Don't fix the problem, make it more complicated than what it is, which is what those against guns are trying to do.  Don't blame the gun owners, blame the guns, so let's eliminate the semi-automatic rifles, since they are the problem.  Don't they realize how ridiculous that sounds?  There are no problems with ANY gun, if they are used properly, but to ask for a ban on any gun, because one owner here and there abused their guns, makes no sense.  Again, guns are not the problem, people are they problem.  Can't those anti-gun people recognize this?

notme

I think we are probably beating a dead horse.  Gun owners and advocates will not have their minds changed here.  People who are anti gun will also stay stead fast.  

The only thing I see that will happen is tempers will flare.  We don’t stand to gain much but, we stand to lose a few friends.

Most of of us have had our say and now we are just revisiting past posts.  

buddy7

It is with my deepest and profound regret that I’ve chosen not to post/respond or participate any further in “A gun thread”

It’s been a hard decision, to my Dear Hammer, Kenton and others, one of my reasons, whatever further I have to add would only be taken as intrusive or negative.

I’ve chosen to give myself some space-time and distance to recuperate.

Thanks for having me.

Hammer

Buddy, I am sorry that you feel that way.  While I am in favor of guns, that doesn't mean that I am not interested in what the anti-gun people have to say, because their views give me something to think about.  While they won't change my mind, I am still interested in what they have to say.  I respect your views, as well as the other views of those who are against guns.  Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean that I don't respect you and your views, and the same goes to the others who expressed their views against guns.  To me, if you don't get opposing viewpoints, you will never learn anything, which is why I like to hear what others have to say....it helps to broaden my horizons.:)

OneEye
1 hour ago, Hammer said:

To me, if you don't get opposing viewpoints, you will never learn anything, which is why I like to hear what others have to say....it helps to broaden my horizons.:)

A friend of mine, who comments in a political forum, likes to tell people, "If you're going to constantly mimic and support my viewpoints here...one of us is redundant."

janice21475
3 hours ago, Hammer said:

I just came across this video, and I found it interesting, since they stated things that I wasn't aware of.

Hammer, Thank you for posting that video. It is amazing the complete turn around of ABC from that report to now. Night and day. Have a nice evening.