Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryan91

MBA Class Project - 9 Question Survey

ryan91

Hi everyone,

I'm an MBA student at the University of Southern California and am working on a group project relating to diabetes. My team's concept is a non-invasive diabetes blood sugar measurement device.

One of our assignment is to conduct market research, so we've prepared a brief (9 question) survey.

If you're willing, we'd really appreciate it. And thank you in advanced.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/75GFGN8

JohnSchroeder

OneEye... I'd say this is one of the best presented requests for surveys I've seen on here.  The post is coherent, the survey is good... mostly well designed.

I just hope the student(s) doing this project know that such devices are already on the market.

Cora

Dear Ryan. Unlike non-diabetics like yourself, we don't really care about the finger sticks. It's no big deal. What we desperately want is strong accuracy and precision at a reasonable price. And also what we want less of is surveys trying to find out how much money we can further be hosed for in order to take better care of ourselves.

funkynassau

I did your survey.  You screwed up in the ages option!  There's no option for people ages 55 to 64!!!!  You need to fix that asap.

Orlando

I did your survey. The daily stabbing is no big deal, the most important issue is accuracy. The sticks are already high priced, the manufacturer of the most "accurate sticks" should be able to do them for the current prices, his reward would be increased market share.

Kit

Dear Ryan. Unlike non-diabetics like yourself, we don't really care about the finger sticks. It's no big deal. What we desperately want is strong accuracy and precision at a reasonable price. And also what we want less of is surveys trying to find out how much money we can further be hosed for in order to take better care of ourselves.

If I could like your post 50 times, I would.  Accuracy and precision at a reasonable price!!!

Seriously, the finger pricks aren;'t an issue at all.  The biggest issue I have is the cost of strips.

ryan91

I did your survey.  You screwed up in the ages option!  There's no option for people ages 55 to 64!!!!  You need to fix that asap.

Fixed! Thanks!

OneEye

OneEye... I'd say this is one of the best presented requests for surveys I've seen on here.  The post is coherent, the survey is good... mostly well designed.

John... When I read a post by a "college-grade" person...I expect it to not only be college-level English...or whatever language it's in, but spell-checked as well. I mean...c'mon...it's college! Maybe you missed it, but it's "assignments" not "assignment" when "our" is referenced. And it's 'thanks in advance', not 'thanks in advanced'.

Were this a high school project...I would have given Ryan a little latitude. I mean, if you graduate from high school and go on to government work - you probably won't need spelling skills. But if you're going into the medical field...I demand you know the difference between hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia! Please...

ryan91

Thanks for the responses everyone!

We've received 17 responses in a little over two days. 

JohnSchroeder

John... When I read a post by a "college-grade" person...I expect it to not only be college-level English...or whatever language it's in, but spell-checked as well. I mean...c'mon...it's college! Maybe you missed it, but it's "assignments" not "assignment" when "our" is referenced. And it's 'thanks in advance', not 'thanks in advanced'.

Were this a high school project...I would have given Ryan a little latitude. I mean, if you graduate from high school and go on to government work - you probably won't need spelling skills. But if you're going into the medical field...I demand you know the difference between hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia! Please...

OneEye... you'd be a tough professor!  Actually it is the use of the phrase 'one of our' that requires assignments to be plural.  If it was simply "our assignment" the singular form would be okay since it would be referring to the group's single assignment.

For what its worth I do not believe this individual is going into the medical field.  It is for an MBA class, which is a masters in business administration.  Its either a bring a product to market project or a statistical analysis of the survey results project.

Been there done both....

Crizal

My favorite is when a physician's assistant needs to take a finger poke for some test and apologizes profusely for what's about to happen.  I always just say, "I do this to myself several times a day, I won't even notice it--I'm a human pin cushion."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.