Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moonpie

Trader Joes has riced cauliflower

Moonpie

for $1.99 a bag, I did not buy it, as my freezer is full, but I think it is a wonderful  choice for those that have a TJs & spare freezer space. It is sold in frozen dept.

Dave_KC

That's good to know...  now if they'd get busy and put one closer to my house I'd buy some. 

The good news is I can buy it at Walmart too.  

adiantum

:blink: you can buy it already riced ??????

I waste so much time preparing vegetables I've had to  pretend its  a hobby

carfree

I just bought some. They have both frozen and fresh already riced, at least in my area. I thought I was being lazy buying this, but sometimes it's nice to just open a bag when in a rush. I haven't tried to frozen yet, but the fresh it's quite as good as 'homemade'.

Weezy

I also just bought at bag at Costco last week--it's in the fresh veggie section.  Worked great and eliminated all that prep time.

Seagal

The cauli growers have figured out how great cauli is for low carbers!  Most of the stores are charging $4.99 to over $5 for a head.  I found some at Target for $2.99, but they only had 2 and one was brownish :(

Next time I go to TJ's I will pick up the pre-riced (fresh & frozen).  They have some great stuff and much of it is less than a regular market.

Thanks for the reminder :)

macksvicky

Well, nice to know they have it already riced..I need to hunt some down. Thank you Moonpie for the info! I had no idea, I guess I need to get out more often.

adiantum

I can now understand why people try to smuggle foodstuffs into my country even though they enrage me for subjecting our produce to infections.

If I was to return from the US , my bags would be stuffed with canned pumpkin , bags of riced cauliflower, pork rinds & pumpkin spice

Moonpie

I am going to buy it next week, as I will be back in that area again. The price is reasonable, as I saw fresh cauliflower heads at $2.50. I haven't seen it at WM, I will check that out.

Lee, with those heavy cans of pumpkins, I think you will have a large excess weight baggage fee ;)

jwags

I bought the riced fresh cauliflower from Costco but you have to use it quickly otherwise it gets brown. I think the frozen from TJ's sounds like a better option.

Dave_KC

At Walmart here, they have both Frozen, Green Giant and BirdsEye (I think) along with a fresh riced in the produce section.  They also have several varieties of mashed, including bacon and cheddar Green Giant.  It really helps reduce the heavy cauliflower taste. 

macksvicky

Well if my local Walmart doesn't have plain, mashed, bacon & cheddar I'm heading to Kansas City to do some shopping!  Woo hoo road trip!

LaRue

I just went on the walmart site and filtered by my zip code to see store availability.

Wow. They've got avail riced cauli with italian cheese, roasted garlic, savory herb and I think something else.

Good to know.

I think I'll try it for pizza crust.

adiantum

This is how I buy cauliflower .................& I'm feeling ripped off knowing you folk have  choices. :)

135552.jpg 768560.jpg

Moonpie

This is how I buy cauliflower .................& I'm feeling ripped off knowing you folk have  choices. :)

135552.jpg 768560.jpg

Yes but we can't buy roo chops lol (j/k)

adiantum

L@@k what I found in our stores....................  Thats about $6 a pound

Woolworths Simply Steam Cauliflower Rice 250g

$ 3 00
$1.20 / 100G
515648.jpg
Woolworths Simply Steam Cauliflower R Product details

ready in 2.5 minutes 2 serves.

Product details

ready in 2.5 minutes 2 serves.

$ 3 00
$1.20 / 100G

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.