Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaRue

Drum roll please! Blood test results!

LaRue

Drum Roll Please!

My blood work results are back!

My A1C in Oct of 2017 was 6.1.

My results for April of 2017.......

5.4!!!!!

Other results:

Triglycerides - Normal range is 35 to 150
Oct 2016: 155 - slightly elevated
April 2017: 129

Total Cholesterol - Normal is under 200
Oct 2016: 139
April 2017: 166

HDL - Normal is greater than 40
Oct 2016: 45
April 2017: 47

LDL - Normal is 80 to 130
Oct 2016: 63
April 2017: 93

HDL/Choleserol ratio - 0 to 4.4 (lower is better)
Oct 2016: 3.09
April 2017: 3.5

Weight loss from Oct 2016 to Feb 2017: 10 lbs total.
Weight loss from Oct 2016 to April 2017: 17 lbs total.

Couldn't ask for any better than this!

I owe a lot of this success to this forum. I don't think I would have stuck with it until it became a natural thing.

Fraser

Congradulations! And just a thought. I am a t2, so talking to itch other T2's is easy, the diagnosis of prediabetic is a relatively new discussion and may or may not take a modified approach, it always helped me to hear from people who went through some what like what I did.

So I hope you stick around and spread your experience around to other Prediabetics who are wondering what to do.

Great job

LaRue

So I hope you stick around and spread your experience around to other Prediabetics who are wondering what to do.

Great job

I will fraser. I will say that compared to those with lots of experience with T2, I do kind of feel like I don't have much to offer.

But then I think, what about people with pre-diabetes? Those who want to keep from developing T2, and even reverse their current situation.

I don't know what the future holds, but today I feel if I continue to embrace the changes I've made, things will be great. Regardless of what my numbers say, I will still consider myself a pre-diabetic.

The thing I want to dabble in now is intermittent fasting. Been watching videos by Dr. Jason Fung.

Fraser

Great! We all have a lot to offer, real life experience!!

We both ended up with sort of similar A1c's bur we started in totally different places.

Actually the hardest fight for me was to get my A1c under 6.0.

So congradulations again, I am looking forward to learn from those who are controlling their

Prediabetes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.