Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ran23

test results

ran23

I guess this is in the right spot.     annual lab this morning and test results just sent out.  

C-Reactive Protein--0.55     A1c--4.9    PSA  0.39 (I had this up when taking too much D3 a while back).

Cholesterol  total 207,  HDL 49 (up) , LDL  133  (up),  Trigs 126 (maybe down).     Metabolics- great

CBC no flyers like MCV and MCH.     guess I will go back to a modified low cholesterol diet.  that and Trader Joe's.    I'll still check in here.   

ran23

Comparing test results over the years, my cholesterol did go down a bit on the LCHF diet. I didn't think I was on it long enough to matter.  CRP must have been a general test, I won't see her (Doctor) till early June.    Saki and Fats.       I forgot that morning, sipping black coffee and still put coconut oil in it.   

macksvicky

Great job Ran! I too found lower LDL and higher HDL on low carb and exercise...phooey on the statins! Although I have never had Saki. Must put that on my things to do list :) 

adiantum

Ive not tried Saki either ..yet.

I just cant eat coconut oil from a spoon nor put it in my coffee.

I guess thats why I dont have an awesome A1c

Fraser

Well I have never eaten coconut oil in any form that I know of.

I just don't eat things that spike my BG, just my smilple plan

Seagal

Ran, that is a wonderful report!  Congratulations.

Re coconut oil, how sad it makes some b.g. increase, I've not heard of that.  I really love hot coffee, coconut oil, irish cream s.f. syrup, heavy whipping cream in my Ninja.  Whirl it around until frothy & yummy, tastes good, filling and I call it breakfast many days.

Fraser

Actually don't know if coconut oil spikes my BG. I just keep going with what I know does not.

Which might exclude or included many things. ;-)

ran23

Coconut oil didn't increase my BG.   It has replaced all the other fats I use.   too bad it feels like lard if you grab a spoonful. My cheap Kroger Meter made me think I was worse off more than i was.     Now maybe some warm coconut oil and Saki mixed?

Carol_42

Ive not tried Saki either ..yet.

I just cant eat coconut oil from a spoon nor put it in my coffee.

I guess thats why I dont have an awesome A1c

This is number one and most important!  Choose a good quality coconut oil.  I have found (for me) this one is the best: Viva Naturals 100% pure, cold-pressed, organic extra-virgin coconut oil.  I buy the 54 fl. oz. at Amazon.  It doesn't have an over-powering coconut flavor. 

Have you tried combining coconut oil with Mio and mixing it until it's real smooth and creamy?  I use the Mio lemon and orange vanilla flavors mostly and, for me, it's better than fat bombs.  And if you stick to just Mio & coconut oil, there are no carbs.  One tbsp is 130 calories and 14 fats. And 2-tbsp of this mixture daily, may help lower your A1c levels.  There are many flavors of Mio on the market.  Try adding your favorites to zoodles, or stews, or ... the sky is the limit. 

This oil is also great with creamy peanut butter and orange Mio. Or try mixing it with organic cacao powder, diet sugar, and vanilla or caramel Torani, or your favorite brand.   Actually the peanut butter and orange Mio is so good it's to die for.  You can also add chopped nuts. 

Sometimes I'll eat a small amount off a teaspoon when I feel like something sweet after a meal ... or I eat it throughout the day when I may get a sweet tooth urge.  But I do understand how many people may gag at the thought of eating coconut oil plain, without hiding it in your food.  I use to feel that way, too, but then I wasn't using a good brand of oil. 

Oh, and BTW, the only thing I put in my instant coffee is diet sugar.  But I suppose adding a tbsp of coconut oil to coffee would be just as palatable as drinking straight olive oil, which is also very good for us.  I never acquired a taste for Saki, but many of the forum members really like it.

Have a super day.  Hugs.

CB

Carol_42

I forgot to mention a simple recipe.  Mix 1/4 cup coconut oil with 1/4 tsp Mio flavoring (lemon or orange vanilla).  Mix it until it's smooth and creamy.  Please, sample it before you discount it completely.  If you don't like it, toss it.  But I'll bet'cha a brand new penny, you will acquire a taste for it, if only for two reasons: 1) it taste good; and, 2) it's good for you.

TX_Clint

This thread was a nice read until someone mentioned that they drink instant coffee. Oh my... gag me. :)

Depending on what I'm cooking I either use coconut oil, olive oil, or butter. I don't consume any oils straight and never, never pollute my coffee. Brewed black coffee. I'm talking high test is best. 

Carol_42

Ran, that is a wonderful report!  Congratulations.

Re coconut oil, how sad it makes some b.g. increase, I've not heard of that.  I really love hot coffee, coconut oil, irish cream s.f. syrup, heavy whipping cream in my Ninja.  Whirl it around until frothy & yummy, tastes good, filling and I call it breakfast many days.

'Morning, Seagal.  What is the brand name of s.f. syrup?  Forum members have mentioned a popular brand before but I kept forgetting to write it down.  I've been using the Torani brand but I'm not happy with it because it doesn't seem rich in flavor and I have to add more to make it taste right (for me).

Carol_42

This thread was a nice read until someone mentioned that they drink instant coffee. Oh my... gag me. :)

Depending on what I'm cooking I either use coconut oil, olive oil, or butter. I don't consume any oils straight and never, never pollute my coffee. Brewed black coffee. I'm talking high test is best. 

ROTFWL  My mother was a hard core drip coffee drinker and she use to look at me and say, "How can you drink that instant stuff?!@*  It has no character."  But then we use to tease her about her coffee being so strong, it would make the hair on your head stand on end. :D 

meyery2k

ran - Great A1C!

I have come to love coconut oil.  I have found I can eat a spoonful of it and like it lol...

ran23

Looking back to last year, 4.8 and a higher average.  cholesterol was worse off.  this year I ate so much avocado, chicken sausages, and yogurts--everything I couldn't before and still I have better numbers.    sticking to this LoCarb/HiFat diet.    eating a spoonful of that is like lard in my mouth,  nasty feeling.      haven't tried fat bombs yet.    158 pds was a surprise.     time for my wine

katzgar

I guess this is in the right spot.     annual lab this morning and test results just sent out.  

C-Reactive Protein--0.55     A1c--4.9    PSA  0.39 (I had this up when taking too much D3 a while back).

Cholesterol  total 207,  HDL 49 (up) , LDL  133  (up),  Trigs 126 (maybe down).     Metabolics- great

CBC no flyers like MCV and MCH.     guess I will go back to a modified low cholesterol diet.  that and Trader Joe's.    I'll still check in here.   

what did you find at trader joes?  I found very little.

ran23

back in my low cholesterol days:  the soy and almond cheeses were getting popular then. They have a great shredded 3 soy cheese that is great over anything. I was using their meatless (soy and wheat) Ground Beef for my 0 cholesterol chili. I was living on chili over brown rice for breakfast for a long time. 

Now a days I still get their walnuts, shelled edamame,small meatless meat balls,  chicken sausages, Cheddar cheese sticks, and their in house Saki, not bad.     My A1c is not that bad, low carb/Hi Fat is better for my lipid numbers.   So i still stay away from real dairy, real eggs and most animal fats.  and I guess the chicken sausage is keeping my HDL up.    kind of fun walking the fence between the two.     oh, I try to carry in only one bag in Trader Joe's, or else there is too much I may want. 

ran23

Well I know I'm not diabetic yet.    Rice Noodles, sticky rice, veggie chicken stir fry and Daikon Kim Chi.  1 1/2-2 hours later, only 125 (was 114 this morning).   a little red wine in there also.     

ran23

This is a fun day.  Woke to 99 and after lunch 99.  Lunch--Bone Broth, HB Egg, green tea and some cheddar cheese.    Dinner so far, simple salad with salmon.  More Bone Broth in a while. 

Fraser

Ran you have been doing a great job to control your diabetes. 

Congradulations!

but the reality is that if you need to all those things, you are a diabetic, which is no big deal, but reality strikes. 

In my opinion there is no issue to admit you are a diabetic,, except when you don't accept you are.  Tough love 

ran23

The Bone Broth was an experiment in weight lose.  161.4 to 159.8 over night.  

I lifetime of diet choices, yes, I feel I am diabetic.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.