Diabetes forums
Carol_42

Walk, Walk, Walk

Orlando

I feed street cats twice a day, but dont have any dogs. Manage to "water the horse" and "irrigate the citrus groves" in some of  natures choicest venues, during these walks,most days.

Edited by Orlando

Carol_42

Walked with Leslie for the 1-Mile Walk.  I tried to go 2-miles but was out of shape.  Goes to show you, I hadn't exercised (walked) in 3-days, and today, the 4th day, I couldn't make it to the end of the 2-mile walk.  Please understand: walking to these videos is not taking a slow casual stroll through central park.  With Leslie you move.  You walk in a light aerobic fashion.  Her regimen works on your muscles, as well as your lungs, and heart.

I'm proud of myself.  I walked today for 15 minutes.

Edited by cbokay

Carol_42

Go to the animal shelter.

Get a dog. Any size will do.

Gets you up and MAKES you walk. Even in the rain.

And the side benefits are amazing.

Art

I am my own "dog".  I motivate myself to get up and walk.  Aruff, aruff!!

Kit

I am going to go nuts. No walks for me for likely at least a couple months. :(

meyery2k

cb - Keep up the work and you will be going 2 miles in no time.  It always amazed me how quickly improvement would show when keeping on with the program.

Carol_42

cb - Keep up the work and you will be going 2 miles in no time.  It always amazed me how quickly improvement would show when keeping on with the program.

I so agree with you about keeping with the program.  And once again, thanks for the perk, Mike.

Carol_42

I am going to go nuts. No walks for me for likely at least a couple months. :(

Kit, will you be able to do any sit down exercise programs?  I found some good ones at YouTube.  I don't think they would involve putting any weight on your foot.  You're an active, athletic gal, and it will probably be hard for you to sit still.  :)  Take car and I hope you don't suffer too much in the healing process.

Carol_42

5 Minute Belly Blasting Walk!

As we all know, obesity may cause all kinds of health issues, especially when the excess fat is centered around the distended abdomen.  This 5-minute, high calorie burn, helps reduce the belly size. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujGr3nrZfvQ

adiantum

Bwahahahahahaha

Sometimes, Ive envied that ability :rofl:

.......................................... Manage to "water the horse" and "irrigate the citrus groves" in some of  natures choicest venues, during these walks,most days.

Carol_42

Bwahahahahahaha

Sometimes, Ive envied that ability :rofl:

ROTFWL  Me, too.  Sometimes those bushes can really tickle.

Carol_42

Today has been very odd.  I got up at 12:55 a.m.  Did my "thang" around the house until about 8:30 a.m.  Then I felt sleepy so I laid down, thinking I would take a little snooze.  I fell asleep watching "Face Off" and slept, on and off, until 1:30 this afternoon.  Very strange.  This is not my norm. 

Anyway, I got perturbed with myself because my energy metabolism has been off today.  And I knew I had to exercise because I've been working really hard to lose inches.  And it's working.  But there was no way I had the energy to walk 30 minutes today.  So I clicked on Leslie's 5 Minute Belly Blasting Walk! video at this thread.  I thought, "What the heck, I can walk for 5 minutes to help reduce my belly fat."  And I just did it. 

I just spent 5 minutes walking and talking to my waist muscles!

Edited by cbokay

Carol_42

Walked 1-Mile, 15 minutes at a good pace.  My knees have been stiff last few days, but the kinks are slowly coming out.

macksvicky

CB, see...I knew you would be breezing through the 1 mile mark! Look at you go :lol:  Congrats! 

Carol_42

Last 2-days I've been working in the yard weeding, hoeing, and raking and cleaning and organizing the patio.  My back feels so strong and I'm lovin' it.  I'm eager to get out there this morning but it's too windy and cold.  And the last thing I want to catch is a spring/summer cold.  I might venture out later on in afternoon if I can tolerate the heat. 

At any rate, between Keto, walking with Leslie, and yard work, I've lost 20 lbs. with 30 more to go.

Edited by cbokay

Carol_42

Got my 15 min, 1-mile walk in with Leslie today.  I got through it like a breeze without any stiffness or aches and pains. 

Anyted

walking is good for your heart also it helps you lose weight since i started walking i lost alot of 

weight

Carol_42

I got an early start this morning and just walked 30-minutes with Leslie and her cohorts.  What a happy, lively group of people.  They put a smile on my face and make exercise enjoyable.  Dang, I feel so good and energetic.

Edited by cbokay

Carol_42

I am feeling good.  Today I started on Leslie's 5-Mile Walk program.  I got through the first 35 minutes (of a 75 min. program) with no problems, 'cept maybe a little strain to my knees.  But I don't hurt anywhere and that is a blessing.  And I won't hurt tomorrow because you never push yourself past your endurance point with Leslie.  She has our safe interest in mind.

In this 5-Mile Walk program, she really moves it out using speed walking, lunges, kicks, and punches, and upper body band exercises.  You do all these things while you're walking, or bouncing, or lightly jogging in place.  It's great.  I love it and I feel excellent.  What a happy and fruitful way to get ready for June and work on losing another 10 lbs.  I see my Pulmonologist at the end of June and I hope to go off CPAP completely beginning July 1st.

FBG: 105 mg/dl ... upon arising, empty stomach

BG: 89 mg/dl ... 2 hours after AM meal and directly after exercising. 

Edited by cbokay