Diabetes forums
Carol_42

Walk, Walk, Walk

Orlando

walking is good for your heart also it helps you lose weight since i started walking i lost alot of 

weight

Walking...................also very good for a sense of mental well being.

meyery2k

I don't walk as an exercise routine per se now.  I run or cycle but walking will always be special to me because it got me to where I could run, swim, or cycle as I like.  Of course I walk during the course of the day but I now exercise a little more vigorously.

As I get older, I know I can always fall back on walking if I ever need to.

Carol_42

FBG 105 mg/dl

Walked 2 miles with Leslie (abt 35 min.)--on empty

BG 114 mg/dl soon after walking exercise--on empty--numbers went up.  Go figure.

BG 105 mg/dl 2 hours after 1st bite (incl. 1st coffee)

BG 105 mg/dl 3 hours after 1st bite

Today I walked before I put anything in my stomach.  Maybe I shouldn't have done that.  

When I walk after I eat my BG numbers go down, not up. 

I need to go back to basics and eat 1st bite of food (incl. coffee) within 30 minutes after FBG reading.

Then I should do the accelerated walking program, and test BG directly after. 

I'm talking to myself in sotto voce on paper.  :wacko: 

Edited by cbokay

macksvicky

That's a good plan, eat before you go out. However, all those numbers still look good. Every bit of exercise you do all adds up and doing very good things for your overall health. I may be biased cause I love walking too :) 

Carol_42

I'm feeling a little tired today.  I ran around a lot yesterday in and out of AC buildings into the 90 degree heat. 

Also in my chase to find out when and where the next Defensive Driving Course will be held ...

I ran across a fellow artist friend of mine at the Senior Center.  After greeting everybody at the table,

I patted my friend on the shoulder and asked him caringly, "How are you doing?", to which he simply replied,

"Well my body's still warm."  That response tickled me and I'm still laughing about it.

EXERCISE

FBG: 123 mg/dl

30 min. later, 1st bite and 1st coffee

BG 1-hour postprandial: 115 mg/dl

Exercise few minutes after postprandial reading, 1-mile fast walk of 5-mile DVD

BG 3 min. after completing 1-mile walk: 86 mg/dl

My body is tired today, but I don't have any pain.

Edited by cbokay

Carol_42

FBG.  110 mg/dl

30 minutes later, I ate breakfast

BG.    1-hour postprandial, after 1st bite and 1st coffee.  130 mg/dl

BG.    15 minutes later.  119 mg/dl

EXERCISE - 23 minutes later

7:52 a.m. - 8:08 a.m., 11-minutes, 1-mile of 5-mile walk, moving fast and feeling good.  Had a mild burn in calf

muscles but not bad.  Knees okay. 

BG.  1-minute after walk.  89 mg/dl

My bacon and daikon AM meal is still the same and has been for a few weeks, so there is no reason for a spike. 

AM Meal Macronutrients: 364 Calories.  59.5 Fats.  5 Carbohydrates.  22.75 Proteins.

My total carbs yesterday were 20.13 grams.

I need to find out more about liver dumping and when it happens.

I'm not use to seeing my BG numbers go way up 1-1/2 hours after testing for FBG.

My weight is still the same, about 159#.  I feel I am losing inches but not weight.  And I suppose that is because

"a pound of muscle occupies less space than a pound of fat."  At least that is what I am hearing across the net

from personal trainers, et al.  And besides my clothes are fitting looser.  Yeah ...

I sound as if I'm complaining, and perhaps I am a bit.  I'm just tired of testing and feel perhaps I should

only test after I exercise each day.  Besides I need a brain-break from all of this.  And I feel as long as I

stay with Keto, record what I eat each day, and exercise, I should be in good shape.  And in July, I will

have a new A1c and I hope it's better than my last score. 

But more than anything, I am forever mindful that diabetes can be unpredictable at times, therefore,

it's my responsibility to listen and apply what I've learned at this forum to my daily walk through

health maintenance.  I don't want this disease to take a wicked turn on me.

Peace out.  I'm done venting (for now).  Hugs to All.

CB

Edited by cbokay

Carol_42

Just walked 2 miles of the 5 mile walk with Leslie.  It's amazing how it takes

the kinks out of the hip joints.  No pain, just gain.  My goal is to walk the full

5 miles tomorrow with Leslie.  The 5 mile walk is 75 minutes of continuous

movement.  Whoosh #@ Bang! Yikes*%#!

macksvicky

Walked 9 miles before work this morning. Need a shower and a nap now LOL

Dave_KC

Walked 9 miles before work this morning. Need a shower and a nap now LOL

I'm sure it's as sticky for you as it is for me, and it's sticky!  I did almost 1 1/2 miles during lunch getting a Jimmy John's unwich.  

macksvicky

You know it! I thought I would have to quit walking earlier until the clouds covered the sun. The temps are high enough and then add in the evil humidity, brutal. It looks like we're going to get some nasty storms this afternoon though. Just hope they hold off till I get home :)

Carol_42

Today FBG.  117 mg/dl

BG 2-hours postprandial after first bite.  105 mg/dl

Exercise 30 minutes.  Walked with Leslie

BG 1/2 hour after exercise.  100 mg/dl

I felt the strain in my knees again.  And that's because I haven't high-impact walked in over a week.

My mind is clear and I'm feeling good.    :) 

Edited by cbokay

Kit

Still on crutches (or one crutch at least) and I walked around the block at lunch both Tuesday and Wednesday.  Tiring but it felt so very good.  :D

Taking it easy today as my ankle was swollen like crazy last night.  And when its swollen like that I get sharp pains that make my body jerk.

Carol_42

Still on crutches (or one crutch at least) and I walked around the block at lunch both Tuesday and Wednesday.  Tiring but it felt so very good.  :D

Taking it easy today as my ankle was swollen like crazy last night.  And when its swollen like that I get sharp pains that make my body jerk.

Are you applying ice packs to your foot?  I'm sorry you are suffering.  I know how eager you are to get back into to those walks you love so much.

Kit

Yeah, I do a couple times while I'm at work (when I get there and in afternoon) and repeat when I get home.

It swells as long as my foot isn't above my heart, when means the entire time I'm at work or commuting.

I get so tired of sitting around all the time. But it will improve and this will pass. In the mean time I got in a couple short walks in nice weather. It was lovely. :)

And I got in some good weight bearing, which will help the bone grow strong.

Edited by Kit

macksvicky

9-1/2 miles walked before work this morning. Needless to say, I was up a bit early this morning.

macksvicky

7 miles walked before work this morning. It was a bit warmer and more humid than yesterday but they are calling for rain tomorrow morning so I figured I better get in some miles while I have the opportunity.

macksvicky

It rained before I came in this morning. I broke my old record!

Walked 10-1/2 miles before work this morning.

Kit

I managed just over a half mile this evening. Making show progress. :)

macksvicky

Slow or not Kit, you're making great progress :)

Walked 7 miles before work this morning.

Saturday & Sunday was ridiculous...Cleaned the house, did 3 loads of laundry, clipped the dog's nails, pulled weeds from the front & back flower areas and the driveway,  we have a 15' x 35' covered porch on the front of the house so I finally got around to painting the concrete floor with some paint that has non-slip sand in it....sounded easy enough but that stuff was like painting with pudding. It took 2 gallons to "cover" Yeah I missed full coverage but you have to look very close to see what got missed so I am putting outdoor furniture over those spots LOL I'm not springing for another gallon!

Edited by macksvicky

macksvicky

I got in 8 miles before work, was feeling pretty good this morning, even the sun didn't bother me too much :) But the temps will be steadily climbing each day, along with the humidity.

macksvicky

Woke up early this morning so I got in 10 miles :) Most of which was done before the evil yellow ball of heat came up hahaha

janice21475
18 minutes ago, macksvicky said:

. . . . the evil yellow ball of heat . . . .

Vicky, You certainly have a way with words. :D

Boggles my mind - 10 mile walk - amazing!