Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Carol_42

Walk, Walk, Walk

Kit

I managed to get around 3 miles yesterday.  My ankle is swelling more with the extra activity, but these bones aren't going to grow strong with me sitting on my rear end.

Lindaoh

I live in Louisiana where it ungodly hot & humid right now. However, I am in northern MN visiting my sister & walking here is wonderful. Cool & low humidity is ideal for walking & we have been getting over 5 miles per day. Feels great & my bg appreciates the efforts as well. 

Love that walking!

macksvicky
4 hours ago, janice21475 said:

Vicky, You certainly have a way with words. :D

Boggles my mind - 10 mile walk - amazing!

Come next winter I will speak much more kindly about it when it pops up over the horizon brrrrrr But for now I have nothing good to say about it.

macksvicky

Walked 7 miles this morning. It's Friday and I think I've put in enough miles for the week hahahahah

Kit

I did it!  A little over 11k steps yesterday (just over 5 miles).  Not all at once, but its been 3 months since I've been able to hit a number like that.  :)

Now if I just didn't hurt today as a result.  :)

Carol_42
20 minutes ago, Kit said:

I did it!  A little over 11k steps yesterday (just over 5 miles).  Not all at once, but its been 3 months since I've been able to hit a number like that.  :)

Now if I just didn't hurt today as a result.  :)

That's terrific, Kit.  I'm really happy for you.

Carol_42

BG today 3-hours after 1st bite.  106 mg/dl

BG after 1- Mile walk with Leslie.  101 mg/dl

Breakfast:  Chewy daikon pancake & 2 pieces of thick cut bacon

Macronutrients:  Calories. 421   Fats.  27.8   Carbohydrates.  7.68   Proteins.  27.72 

macksvicky

Yesterday was a whole lot of cleaning. I vacuumed just about everything downstairs, moved a lot of furniture as well. Now to tackle the stairs and upstairs, which should be less crapola in the carpets.

Today is nothing...I was in a hurry and as I walked into the bedroom I ran my foot into the dresser. Not sure if I broke 2 or 3 toes. My pinkie toe is almost as big as my big toe, like the new color scheme though :)

macksvicky

The crazy thing, it's not like that dresser hasn't been there for the last 7 years, and not the 1st time I've run into it.

macksvicky

Walked 9.5 miles this morning before work.

Dug around and found a pair of running shoes 2 sizes bigger than I normally wear and in a wide too :) Taped up the toes, put on the clown shoes and off I went :)  Just had to adapt my foot to walk more to the right. 

Kit

Vickie, I have your foot recovers quickly.  I can imagine what you are going through.  When I kicked that fence post that time I was surprised I hadn't broken anything.  Hurt like all heck too and made walking a challenge.

I hit just over 10k steps yesterday, estimated just under 5 miles.  Now lets see if I can keep that up on a regular basis.  :)

macksvicky

Wednesday, 2 miles walked & 1.5 hours lifting weights, Same thing on Thursday.

11 miles walked this morning. It was almost perfect, overcast and very breezy. Next week we get lower temps and less humidity so if I can beat the sun, it's going to be perfect :)

macksvicky

Finally finished sanding in the addition YAY. Now I need to take a break and then clean the dust off the walls and ceiling then put the last (hopefully) layer of mud on. I HATE sanding, if I could find someone, I would pay to have the sanding done. 

Kit

Tell me abbout it.  I can't say how many times I helped my dad hang drywall.  The dust gets everywhere and it feels like no matter how well you wash, there's still dust in your hair.

macksvicky

Oh yeah, my hair is stark white at the moment. But the walls and ceiling are cleaned off and I'm done for the day. I'll start the next layer of mud tomorrow. There is one area in the spa room (for a lack of anything better to call that room) it's about 4 feet across that I can not reach and no way am I getting my big ole behind on top of the hot tub cover. It appears very sturdy but I don't think it's THAT sturdy.  

macksvicky

8 miles walked Monday

6 miles walked Tuesday

2 miles walked yesterday, I could bring myself to go anymore.

7 miles walked this morning.

macksvicky

9 miles walked this morning. We got a cold front from Canada last night, 59 degrees this morning with a wonderful cool breeze. Thank you Canada!

macksvicky

No walking today, I spent all weekend putting on the final layer of drywall mud on the ceiling and cleaning the house. So tired right now.

ran23

During these hot days I do a 2 mile program from the (remember the 'walk away the pounds lady).  It's a work out.  Not sure why I am eating Korean Barbeque chips after?

Carol_42

This morning FBG 108 mg/dl

30-minutes later ate breakfast (1st bite)

One mile walk with Leslie, 1-hour postprandial, after 1st bite

3-minutes after walk, BG 91 mg/dl

Carol_42

One hour after 1st bite, walked 15 minutes (1-mile) with Leslie

BG directly after exercise: 82 mg/dl