Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Carol_42

Walk, Walk, Walk

macksvicky

Been awhile since posting. Our company has changed their name so it's been crazy changing out letterheads, new employee numbers, thousands of documents! It's been a crazy week.

But not to let that interfere with keeping me healthy. 

Wed was 9 miles

Thurs was 7 miles

Fri was 8 miles

Today will be the very hated drywall sanding. Still wishing I could find someone to do it for me for $$ LOL  

macksvicky

Busy weekend! Cleaned the whole house, done sanding all the walls and 3/4 done with the ceilings! I can actually see light at the end of the tunnel :)

Walked 6 miles this morning. I can feel the humidity starting to creep back in. 

Dave_KC

Over 18,000 steps yesterday, including push mowing (no self propulsion) the lawn. 

Carol_42

BG 3-hours after breakfast:  100 mg/dl

Then walked 2-miles with Leslie

BG directly after walk: 93 mg/dl

Carol_42

All I can do is shake my head in dismay.

Today FBG: 105 mg/dl

BG 3-hours post prandial (after "same-o, same-o" breakfast): 121 mg/dl

Exercise directly after post prandial reading: walked 2-miles with Leslie

Test BG right after walk: 86 mg/dl

Edited by cbokay

macksvicky

Excellent drop in BG after the walk cbokay :)

Walked 9 miles this morning. I usually walk more on Fridays cause I know I won't walk on the weekends. There's a different kind of torture reserved for the weekends LOL

macksvicky

I'm finally done sanding! For now LOL It's going to take me a couple of weekends to clean up everything before I can start painting but I'm just so happy to be able to put away the sanding sponges!

Walked 8 miles this morning. Suppose to be raining tomorrow morning but the next week and a half looks like cooler temps and less humidity. YAY

Carol_42

Today BG 2-1/2 hours post prandial (breakfast).  110 mg/dl

BG 1-hour later, after 2-mile walk with Leslie.  87 mg/dl

Carol_42

I don't know how far I walked today but I have been on my feet since I woke at 4:35 a.m. to now 4:00 p.m.  I've been busy inside and outdoors.  And I am beat.  Been a good day today.  I accomplished a lot.  It's hot as heck (91 deg.) and my "dogs are barking".

Carol_42

Today FBG: 106 mg/dl

BG 3-1/2 hours postprandial breakfast and directly after 1-mile walk with Leslie: 98 mg/dl

I need to figure out what small amount of food to eat directly after testing FBG so I can

start exercising right away without getting stomach cramps.  I get up about 5:00 a.m. every day

and I want to start exercising early to avoid the heat.  I usually wait 2-3 hours after first bite to exercise. 

But I want to change that.  We're looking at another week of triple digits coming up this week.

And this swamp cooler doesn't cut it ... not for exercising, anyhow.

I think I'll try deviled egg on Keto bread.  I changed my baking pans on the Keto recipe.

I now use 2 cake pans and divide that into 8 pieces instead of 12.  It works out so much better.

Or I might try 1/2 a smoothie with whey protein in it.  I could make a full smoothie but just drink 1/2 of it

before I exercise, and the other 1/2 after.  I'm thinking aloud right now, so just ignore my babbling.  Unless

you want to babble with me.  That'd be cool.

Carol_42

Today FBG: 113 mg/dl

BG 1-1/2 hours after breakfast and directly after 1-Mile Walk with Leslie: 96 mg/dl

Carol_42

Happy Thursday 6:55 a.m.  Just completed the 5 Minute Belly Blasting Walk followed by the 1-Mile Walk.

2-hours postprandial (2-MCT-HWC coffee) and directly after walking, BG 108 mg/dl.

***HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE***

ran23

went for a walk after neighbor brought over a Turkey bone broth, veggie, pasta soup.  Good, but I know what was in it.  After walking, 112/67, pulse 106 and BG 110.  not bad.  

ran23

Waiting for a break in the rain to walk.    Finally testing one of my wife's low carb wraps.  will know soon. 

ran23

We use a exercise DVD a few days a week.  Now the wife is running it daily.  Yes, I know what it does for me, even after 30 minutes.   I don't mind.  

Gm Global

Walking is one of the simplest ways to get more exercise and offers many benefits for people of all ages and fitness levels! If you’re ready to rack up some steps and you can lead a more active lifestyle.

Carol_42

Leslie Sansones is an excellent health instructor.  And I'm absolutely jazzed that she is addressing the issue of lowering your blood sugar in her new program: Walking Down your Blood Sugar.  It's still the same walking exercise program as her others, but in her new video program she actually talks about lowering blood sugar.  Perhaps her new videos will alert diabetic persons to stay away from the damaging information put out there by the ADA.

I like her walking at home programs because I can use it 24-7's all year long.  And I don't have to deal with dogs on the loose, reckless drivers, potholes and loose gravel.  And I don't have to deal with extreme heat or cold.  I do enjoy a daily walk outdoors but Leslie is always available, whenever the mood hits me.

Carol_42
3 hours ago, mahreenshah said:

This is the perfect suggestion.

Excellent.  I'm happy for you.  Have fun. 

Carol