Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Carol_42

Walk, Walk, Walk

DonaldHathaway

Walking is the best exercise for staying healthy. I walk around 5 km daily.

Carol_42
53 minutes ago, ran23 said:

Walked twice today to get to the 80's.  (110 this morning). 

Super duper!  I'm getting back to it.

Carol_42

I need to lose 50 lbs.  Would some kind soul send me a subliminal message to help me get off my rump and onto my feet?!@#*  Merci.

meyery2k

@Carol_42 - I was going to take a rest from cycling.  I did but felt compelled to walk.  I walked and even ran some on my rest day.  I will send subliminal thoughts.

The only practical advice I can give is to just get back to making it a habit.  I love riding my bike.  Everyone here knows that.  In spite of this, I have to put myself in the mindset that I am going to ride and then ride the best I can for the day.  My son in law and I were talking about physical training.  He was counseling someone in his army unit who has trouble with PT.  The person asked, "Does it get better?"  My son in law had what I thought was a brilliant answer.  "It gets easier, a lot easier, but it never gets better".  I have to agree.  I have a much easier time running and cycling than ever but it still hurts at the end of the day.  I always strive to do just a little better than before.

Who would WANT to perform activities like that? Lol...

Carol_42
23 hours ago, meyery2k said:

@Carol_42 - I was going to take a rest from cycling.  I did but felt compelled to walk.  I walked and even ran some on my rest day.  I will send subliminal thoughts.  The only practical advice I can give is to just get back to making it a habit.

Thanks, Mike, I believe in subliminal thoughts.  And I know I've got'ta make walking a habit.  I was sick today and will hopefully get back to walking tomorrow.  My cholesterol is  high and that will be a good motivator.