Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dowling gram

Fat does not cause heart attacks

dowling gram

While I'm not into studies as a whole this is an interesting one. Finally they have discovered that eating fat does not cause heart attacks or diabetes. It might be a good article to present to your doctor

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/pass-the-butter-cutting-saturated-fat-does-not-reduce-heart-disease-risk-cardiologists-say-1.4085453

NoraWI

Yup. And this embodies my disdain for statins and their purported role in curbing heart attacks. It is an excess of carbohydrates that stimulates the body to inflammation. And, in turn, inflammation causes the body to manufacture an excess of cholesterol (the body's fix-all) that eventually coats the inside of arteries, plugs them or gets loose to cause heart attacks and strokes.

janice21475

Dear Dowling Gram,

That was a very interesting report. I believe! I have always believed in eating like that. Now if I could only have a chef and a stockpile of fresh vegetables. :P There is lots of preparation involved in 'healthy' meals and I don't have the energy or the patience to go through the hoops. I have been adding a small handful of fresh spinach leaves to my soft taco meals. Does that count?

funkynassau

Then there's people like my husband and his dad who's bodies naturally produce too much cholesterol on their own!  It has nothing to do with what you eat, in their case.  His dad died of a heart attack, unexpectedly, and my husband had a triple bypass at age 48 due to excessive cholesterol clogging his arteries, so  he was lucky to have found that out before anything bad happened.  15 yrs later my husband is still fine due to the surgery and the meds he takes.

Dave_KC

At the very least, it's helpful to have these discussions, and no longer have objection to the classic "low fat" diet be seen as simple quackery.  I know when I've concentrated my eating in a low carb diet, I've had good numbers.  When I've slacked off, I've had not as good numbers and got diabetes.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.