Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magenta Orchid

toujeo

Magenta Orchid

Try as I might, i guess I'm not inserting the needle straight: the plunger resists and i have to press very hard to get the dose. My glucoimse is higher the next am. Any thoughts? I'm on 20units prebedtime.

OneEye

What size needle are you using; where are you injecting it; do you push straight in or pinch the skin and go in at an angle...and is there any back pressure if or when you purge the pen?

Sometimes scar tissue will give a bit of back pressure...but never every different injection site.

Kenton

Try as I might, i guess I'm not inserting the needle straight: the plunger resists and i have to press very hard to get the dose. My glucoimse is higher the next am. Any thoughts? I'm on 20units prebedtime.

Is this with a Toujeo pen?. I was on it for a short period of time and I noticed the pen was very difficult to press the last few units in, the closer I got to 0 the harder it became.

I only used 2 boxes of it before I switched to Levemir to avoid the wallet shock at the pharmacy.  Never had any other pens do that so it must be built into the pens. 20 units might not be enough for you or you might be having morning highs as the body wakes up. If so that is normal, I  split my basal into 2 doses because of morning highs. If it remains high throughout the day did the Dr mention to start at 20 units, then if still high 3 or so days later add 2 units and repeat as needed until the readings lower? Or maybe I lucked out and my Dr is sometimes useful.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.