Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

don1942

Missed Boluses with 630G

don1942

Since starting on the 630G in March, I have missed a number of Boluses because of the excessive number of button presses required, especially when my BGs are elevated. I start by pressing the bolus button, press bolus wizard, then the unlock tab, press the BG tab, and ipress the up button to enter the BG number. I now have to press the enter tab to enter BG number and and move down to next and press enter. If the BG number is high, a message appears advising you to check infusion set and press enter button to move on. Then enter ok. At this point I some times believe I am finished and forget to move on to the next step which is press the deliver now tab.

Anyone else overwhelmed by the excess number of buttons/tabs that need to be made ?

NoraWI

Yes, it does sound like a horrendous number of button presses. Doesn't the pump indicate delivery? Is the 630G an MM product?

lgvincent

I started using the 630G on March 7 and so far haven't had any such problem.  It does require a lot of buttons to be pushed for just about anything but it's just something I put up with. 

notme

Yes Don, I couldn't agree more. I have also thought I delivered a bolus and discovered I didn't because I missed one button push. The paradigm never required this ridiculous amount of button pushes including the stupid unlock button push. Some of these should have a disable function. This pump is a nanny pump. I would say that this pump has been my least favorite for just this reason. I also hate the incessant nagging. I don't mind a reminder but this pump gets ridiculous with the reminders for calibration. I find myself yelling at my pancreas more often than not.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.