Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oblivious

What does "Trumpcare" mean to you?

adiantum

Go ahead.. we rubbish  them also.

If you see where we could make changes then say it as  I'm all for change if its better.

I'm sure my political rep just loves to see anther email from me. :rofl:

At the moment we are lobbying for  the right  to euthanasia & thats something the US has had is a few states already.

What I'll never understand is why our Prime Minister gets paid an awful lot more then the US President when our population is equal to NYC

I find it curious that people from out of our country feel it is ok to bash the US Presidents, no matter who the President is at the moment. Imagine if we verbally attacked your country or President or Prime Minister and told you exactly how you should do things.

I am always amazed that people feel they have the right to explain to us how we should run our country and how glad they are they live elsewhere. I wonder why so many people immigrate to this terrible country.

notme

I would not do it, adiantum. I might ask questions or state an opinion in a polite manner. But to bash an official because of what the very biased news media is reporting would be uneducated on my part.

The thing people aren't realizing, is whether or not we like or dislike a current President, Americans, if they are really true Americans, are fiercely patriotic to their country, just like other countries. Politics are not people.

The US is under siege right now. We have a lot of issues that need resolution. I have disliked Presidents and am sure there will be many that I don't like. The one thing I do like is the country I live in and what we were founded on.......Freedom. Many people want freedom and they immigrate here to achieve it.

People should realize this is like an argument between spouses. You should never bash one or the other because in the end those two will make up and you can't reverse your commentary. You will end up on the outside.

adiantum

I'm sure that you have realised by now just how patriotic I am, but I will never close my mind to what those that have been voted are actually doing .

They are in office for the people and the land , not for themselves.

We are going through an awakening time here & jailing corrupt politicians that hold office yet with a conflict of interest.

The sad part is that theyre not given a life sentence.

Biased media? I dont believe anyone accepts the version of just one section... not in your country nor mine.

There are just more media outlets that make similar statements , so there has to be truth in the topic.

Immigration is happening everywhere, not just to America but also from America

as it is to and from Australia...

Orlando

I would not do it, adiantum. I might ask questions or state an opinion in a polite manner. But to bash an official because of what the very biased news media is reporting would be uneducated on my part.

The thing people aren't realizing, is whether or not we like or dislike a current President, Americans, if they are really true Americans, are fiercely patriotic to their country, just like other countries. Politics are not people.

The US is under siege right now. We have a lot of issues that need resolution. I have disliked Presidents and am sure there will be many that I don't like. The one thing I do like is the country I live in and what we were founded on.......Freedom. Many people want freedom and they immigrate here to achieve it.

People should realize this is like an argument between spouses. You should never bash one or the other because in the end those two will make up and you can't reverse your commentary. You will end up on the outside.

"The US is under siege right now" ?from whom, from what? .

oblivious

I find it curious that people from out of our country feel it is ok to bash the US Presidents, no matter who the President is at the moment. Imagine if we verbally attacked your country or President or Prime Minister and told you exactly how you should do things.

I am always amazed that people feel they have the right to explain to us how we should run our country and how glad they are they live elsewhere. I wonder why so many people immigrate to this terrible country.

I hope you weren`t refering to me with this statement. It is not my intention to bash your president, but rather to ask what you as U.S. citizens think of him.

And I just wished to point out why I am asking about him, when I explain how far away from our countrys current politics he is.

I am very aware that the information I get regarding other countries politics, is filtered through media, wich may or may not be biased, and will definately not give me the whole truth.

So I was hoping for some nuances from you guys to help me get a better understanding of the man and his politics.

I actually wrote a rhetorical analysis on Trumps inauguration speech for my bachelor program, to find out why his rhetoric works so well, when it is so far from our own governing politics.

As far as I know, he is one of the most negatively  criticised presidents in U.S. history, maybe especially from forreign media, and he still won the presidency.

I don`t fully believe the characteristics the media brings to his character, and I believe there is more to him and the people that voted for him than what is sometimes portrayed.

Anyways, you may criticize our PM Erna Solberg and Norways governing politics, and I will respond with my thoughts on the subject.

With global discussions like this, we can get a more informed world view and learn a lot from eachother.

I generally encourage criticising and discussing both me and my country, as long as one don`t reduce the discussion to personal or degrading insults.

We can all grow in conflict, as long as growth is the objective rather than winning an argument.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.