Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hailey

broccoli?

Hailey

My mom is diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and I am prediabetic the doctor said the results were normal but I did some research over the week and a 5.6 glucose's conventional unit is 101.8182 mg/dl false under prediabetic type. 

I read an article that says broccoli extract lowers the sugar level. anyone here tried it? 

Fraser

No I have not heard of it. The way to lower your BG levels is to decrease your carb consumption and increase your excercise .

dowling gram

If you search often enough you will read all sorts of things that supposedly lowers your blood glucose. Some may have a minimal effect but none are as good as the reports say.  A low carbohydrate high fat diet is the only sure way to lower your blood glucose.

Personally I prefer to eat my broccoli as a vegetable or in soup

dowling gram

Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable and as such contains vitamin K. All cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, brussel sprouts and cauliflower are very good for your overall health but these vegetables alone will not keep your BG low if you have a high carb diet

Dave_KC

Why extract it, why not eat it...  with some tasty cheese sauce on it...  (as long as the cheese sauce is low carb.  

broccoli-cheese-sauce.jpg

Kit

Don't even need the sauce. Sometimes I just toss it in the microwave with butter and shredded cheese.

ant hill

I often correct my BG's with low carb foods so Broccoli is just one of the vegetables that I use to lower the BG's with. I steam mine and once the water is cooled off I drink the water that had steaming the vegetable. I also like to steam Brussel Sprouts too. :canabis:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.