Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notme

If You Are Waiting 670g Pump- Important Info

notme

So I called Medtronic today because I am down to my last two sensors. Unfortunately, my sensors are expired by about two weeks but I have to use them until I get the new pump.

Here is the progression. Medtronic sends you an email telling you that you are in the "Priority Access Program" to get the new pump. You must pay $299.00, that is not charged to your credit card until the pump ships out. After you get the email and give them a credit card, your order starts to process. At this point Medtronic calls and verifies that your insurance company will pay for supplies. Once you get authorization from your doctor and insurance, your pump goes into a pending status to make sure your doctor has done the training for this new platform. Once your doctor has completed the training, you need to talk to your representative and they place you on a list for pump allotments. Apparently they are given weekly allotments to each representative.

Here is the caveat. If you just ordered sensors for your 630g, you just set yourself back from getting the new pump for 3 months. I was about to order this morning and was told by the rep, if I ordered, it would hold up my new pump for three months until I ran out of sensors.

I did not order sensors and I emailed my doctor to see if he had been trained. He said he took the training last month. I called my representative and told her I was down to two sensors so, she placed me on the list to get a new pump priority. Once the pump arrives, it automatically generates an order for 670g sensors. You can bet I will call and double check on that! Last but not least........Medtronic said we didn't have to get training because we were already on the 670 platform. WRONG! Once your pump arrives, you will need an appointment with your trainer to retrain for the closed loop system.

My pump is supposed to ship on Wednesday or Thursday. Fingers crossed.

The final detail is when you get your new pump and you have been trained you must send back the 630g and the sensor. This will generate the surveys you must complete to get your $299.00 back.

Wow! I have spent the entire morning on this.

notme

Absolutely exhausting Nora! I find it a bit absurd but, I really don't like the 630g so I was willing. I only hope I like this one better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.