Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fraser

Electrolyte replenishment without the carbs

Fraser

In another thread a question was asked about products that could be used during exercise that hydrate, increased electrolytes with out added carbs ( like Gatorade does) I posted here so it would not get lost in another thread. I picked up my Bib for a run tomorrow. They had representatives from NUUN ( pronounced noon) Which is suppose to do that. One tablet added to your hydration. With basically no carbs. Uses stevia

I have never used it, nor do I have any knowledge in that are.

But let's hear what some our on members think about it.

I am not connected with the company, I was just picking up my running packet.

meyery2k

4g per tablet which would probably be quickly burned off while working out.  Target seems to have it so I will give it a try.  Looks like about $.50 a tablet.

ORjt

I've used NUUN off and on for a few years, I think there are several different formulations (and many flavors!).  Wasn't aware of the stevia component, but that might explain some of the 'gassiness' (or bloating?) I sometimes feel.  The latest one I've tried has B12 and a bit of caffeine in it - so check the labels of those are a concern to you.

(I do like the NUUN quite a bit on very hot days - I usually carry two water bottles - biking - one with, and one plain water).

-JT

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.