Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notme

Gut Feeling about Diabetes

notme

I have been doing a lot of reading about intestinal flora and the relationship to type one and type two diabetes. My intestines have always been my enemy and I have decided, why not try something?

Here is one of the articles (of many) I have read. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170119163442.htm

I bought a product called "Maximum Vibrance" and it has all the nutrients that were discussed in the articles I have read. It isn't cheap. I spent $60.00 on 22.1 ounces. But, I am on it for awhile to see if it helps at all. It contains 25 billion probiotic including lactobacillus of every kind, bifidobacturium and many many others. It has plant protein and every vitamin you can think of to man. I talked at great length to my brother in law (the doctor) and he is using this product himself. My sister in law bought it for my 93 year old father in law and mother in law and the results have been astounding.

So......ok, I'm in. Giving it a whirl. Has anyone else tried this product?

NoraWI

I am convinced that T1 is somehow linked with our digestive tract and its microbiota. There was an article in the last 2 days about the discovered presence or, rather, absence of a virus in the intestinal tract of those with T1... a benign virus. Sorry, but I can't find the article right now. I am at ends trying to get my digestive tract to behave in a more civilized manner. Will try Maximum Vibrance and see if it helps. Thanks, Notme.

jwags

I had terrible GI problems a year ago. They did every test imaginable and even a bioapy of my intestines and found nothing. My GI doc suggested that I give up dairy and most fats and add a high end Probiotic. I found one on Amazon with 90 billion bacteria with 15 strains plus a prebiotic. My GI problems stopped within 3 days. It is Garden of Life Ultra and you can get it on Amazon for about $35. I also buy it on Vitacost or Swanson's when they have a 20% sale.

adiantum

Newcastle university is doing a study on T1 being a virus. That region has the highest incidences of type 1 in Australia 

. There was an article in the last 2 days about the discovered presence or, rather, absence of a virus in the intestinal tract of those with T1... a benign virus. .

adiantum

Dr Claire Morbey, of the Hunter Diabetes Centre, said the Environmental Determinants of Islet Autoimmunity (ENDIA) study was hoping to determine the cause of Type 1 diabetes to help prevent it.

“The studies so far have suggested that there may be different clusters of bacteria and viruses in the gut in people with diabetes compared to those without,” Dr Morbey said.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4479344/high-hopes-for-type-1-trial/

notme

My Mother In Law was having difficulties with forgetfulness and slight dementia due to her old age. She was using a walker and many times would not drink water because she didn't want to get up out of her chair to go into the bathroom. She really was not doing to well. After my sister in law started her on this probiotic vitamin supplement she was hard to slow down for a lady in her 90's. My Father in law was getting frustrated because he would find her in the kitchen cleaning cupboards and she was complaining of wanting to do more. He couldn't keep up! Her memory has improved slightly.....actually more than slightly and her energy level is much better.

I want some of that! I figure I have nothing to lose and lots to gain.

ant hill

Hey Nancy, it's good to see you post. I am almost convinced to see that there's other ways of this disease getting a mention as I was reading up appon the Kidney area with the SGLT study. There's one thing that I do know with "You are what you eat" Theory. As I had some Brussel Sprouts, the BG dropped!!!

OK this is getting in the way with Nancy's story. I would like to try this supplement too.

NoraWI

Looked it up, Nancy. My only concern is that it contains protein in addition to the probiotics. I don't think I need more protein. Was I looking at the wrong one?

HillCountry

I haven't tried it, but my PCP put me on an Rx probiotic (although I get it online without prescription since my Medicare supplemental plan refused to cover any of the cost) and after a couple of weeks I noticed a 10-15% drop in my glucose testing results. Now I keep within a tighter range of between 72-86 testing three or four times a day. It is VSL#3 and while it's expensive and has to be refrigerated, it seems to help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.