Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adiantum

new format

adiantum

What I Like so far about this new format is  like.

You are always encouraged to like yourself but now you cannot give yourself a ' like'

Thats going to stuff up the newbie spammers who seem to give themselves a like & the odd member that does it 'accidentally'.

adiantum

I also like how the page actually feels crisp & clean to write on...

reminds me of the beginning of school year when we open our new books

Uff Da

I like how the default format is black enough and large enough that those us us who are far from being twenty-somethings can actually read it without having to set the page on 125% or 150%.  :D

adiantum

Can we change the colour of the background?

I cant see that little paint pot we used to have that allowed us to change.

Tony
4 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Can we change the colour of the background?

I cant see that little paint pot we used to have that allowed us to change.

Which color are you referring to?

adiantum

The  background of the heading is dark smoky blue.. There used to be a paint pot & wheel that allowed us to make personal colour preferences.

PS: its not a big deal Tony,It's just my mornings activity in changing the colour

Tony

Sorry, I haven't given the paint bucket any thought. Not sure if I was going to add the bucket back in or not. The paint bucket will require rewriting. My main focus right now is to make sure we are secured against hackers.  Any website that goes with out updating is running a risk to their website and visitors. Next week we will be moving the site over to https. We will have acquire a certificate before hand.

I can see about adding the bucket back in at a later date though.

OneEye

Tough gettin' in here today. Got an error with my old bookmark all day...but Lee helped me out. Thank you, Lee. So...who's up for donuts?

adiantum

Another member hasnt been able to 'get in' & assumed its the site being down for the security swap over.

adiantum

I want what they've got.. I hold the mouse over Tony's photo & see the cutest  little man in an owl printed t-shirt.

I hold it over Java's pic &  see pink.... everyone else's is black.

There must be a knackinit

Tony
4 hours ago, adiantum said:

I want what they've got.. I hold the mouse over Tony's photo & see the cutest  little man in an owl printed t-shirt.

I hold it over Java's pic &  see pink.... everyone else's is black.

There must be a knackinit

Go to your profile page and click on cover photo.

FireShot Capture 3 - adiantum - Diabet_ - http___www.diabetesforums.com_forum_profile_6979-adiantum_.png

notme

I am really liking the new format.  I am thankful we are ever safe thanks to a diligent leader/owner.  

It it is also taking me a little time to muddle through some of the "newness", but hey, change is fun!   

meyery2k

Love the new format.  When I wasn't able to get in via the homepage, it was like my diabetes nightlight burned out.  

Tony - Thank you for emailing us on how to get into the forums while your work on the main page continues. ~ Mike

TX_Clint

Does anyone know how to set a custom activity stream as the default activity stream.  Making that format used when I first open Df.

Tony
8 minutes ago, TX_Clint said:

Does anyone know how to set a custom activity stream as the default activity stream.  Making that format used when I first open Df.

Did you try setting filters.

Kit

Has anyone figured out how to modify the editor behavior so a new line isn't automatically a new paragraph?  Its annoying me.

I do have a complaint about the fonts.  Specifically the inconsistency.  Post text is massive, UI text is tiny.  If I zoom in to make it easier to see the UI text, post text is too large to read.  If I zoom out to make post text more comfortable to read, I can no longer read the UI text.

I would prefer the site be more consistent.  If it means I default to zooming in or zooming out, I don't care.  I just want to find a setting where the entire site is comfortable to read.

Oh, and does anyone know how to turn off these stupid notifications?  I thought I had said no, but they have been pinging me on this machine all day and it makes me not even want to be on this page at all.

Kit

Oh, and is there a way to override mobile site?  I don't run my browser window full screen.  I don't comprehend why anyone would ever desire to do so.  yet because of this, the site detects that I am mobile when I am not.  Also very annoying as I loose some functionality that way.

funkynassau

i'd like to know if I can change the font for the entire site.  I dont like this one, Verdana would be nicer.

Tony
8 minutes ago, funkynassau said:

i'd like to know if I can change the font for the entire site.  I dont like this one, Verdana would be nicer.

Font can't be changed per Member. What is it you don't like?

funkynassau

It's an ugly font, just my opinion.  I like clean fonts like Verdana.  I find them easier to read.  It looks like you made a change and I find it much better.   Thank you!

Kit
3 hours ago, Tony said:

You can change notifications here, http://www.diabetesforums.com/notifications/options/

The enter key will take you to the next line now rather then a paragraph. What type of device are you using to view the site?

I will find a happy medium for the font, I see what  you are saying

It showed turned off there, but I was still getting sounds and popups.  I finally managed to turn off the sounds, but I haven't figured out how to stop the popups yet.

I primarily use desktop and laptop computers.  Various operating systems, various browsers.  I have to have the browser window over 990 pixels wide in order to get the non mobile site.  On my netbook, that's pretty close to the entire screen.  On my husband's laptop, that's 2/3rds of the screen.

I'm really anal about usable desktop space.  The only thing I ever run full screen are games (real games).  I multitask like crazy and I like to be able to view at least a few windows at the same time.  I can't do that if I have to have one of my browser windows filling close to the entire screen.

Thanks for the text changes.  Looking much better.  :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.