Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adiantum

new format

Kit
13 minutes ago, Fraser said:

tan an old fart's I know and usually I can follow conversations that I am involved in.  My next question does that work for new members too.   

Why wouldn't it?

And we've had a number of new people come in since the forum switch. Some have stuck around, some haven't, just like it was previously. 

Kit
52 minutes ago, adiantum said:

The non d related chit chat creates a lot of traffic & in doing so keeps "diabetes forums " up on the top of googles directory .

I very much doubt they'd read the chat but would go directly to the issue in which they were searching.

I can see three potential ways a new user would end up coming to the forums. 

1)  They were linked here through another site. 

Normally this would end up the front page and would go to poke through the content to see what info they can find. 

2)  They came through a search which also brings them to the front page and follow procedure above. 

3) They came through a search engine and ended up in a specific thread.  They would then read the thread and if what they saw interested them, poke around to see what else they might find. 

I personally came in on #1 myself. Ended up reading just about everything here including archived posts before I ever bothered to register and start posting. Funny really. I had read so many introduction posts that I already knew which replies to my post were written for me and which ones were basically a copy and paste. :D

adiantum

Within an hour after returning home from the doctors office , I googled " diabetes  " & this forum was on top of googles directory

adiantum
59 minutes ago, Nnn said:

When one is asked for an opinion and gives it. The answer is not is easy what is wrong with you

I sincerely apologize if my reply wasnt easy. Maybe thats what happens when I am multitasking.

Fraser, I implore you not to leave, as you are such an inspiration with your diligence in maintaining wonderful control.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.