Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dznypal

strange numbers

Dznypal

a few months ago we went for breakfast--I had a belgain waffle like I have every once in a while with pretty good #s

later on in morning I came down with a UTI--went to the clinic there was "p" in the sample--they did a # test which came back at 225--this was less then an hour after the waffle--this put the PA into a spin

a few days later they did an A1C which was 6.2--Im usually mid to high 5 last one was 5.8--

so the end of JUne went for our physicals which my A1C was 5.8 without changing anything

I tried to tell them at the clinic that I had the waffle less the an hour before I came in--but that didnt mean anything

my reg dr was  happy--still I noticed that now the ADA lower the A1C to less then 5.7 so if they keep lowering the # pretty soon just about everyone will fall into the pre stage--I was so happy when I got my # under 6 and to get rid of the "H" after the # but now Im right back where I was getting the dreaded "H"

but my main question is why were my #s so far off when I had the infection then less then 3 months later were fairly good again

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.