Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moonpie

Tang powder drink

Moonpie

I saw some tang powder packs at dollar tree, & made a jug of it, I really like it, ti tastes like watered down OJ ( I make mine weak) even Dh likes it. Of course it has been so long since I had a real OJ, I might be off ;) 

TX_Clint

When I was a kid we only had Tang for a morning drink. Real orange juice was much too expensive. Besides the astronauts drank it.... the TV commercial said so. :/

funkynassau

Ewwww.....fake OJ.  Just my opinion.  I see you can now buy liquid Tang in the grocery store in the little containers like Crystal Lite comes in. Since it's so small a container, I assume it's sugar free.

Moonpie

You don't have to drink it, but I like finding something new to drink. I am tired already of my summer iced teas, so this makes a nice change, especailly as OJ is on the "forbidden" list. And we are in the triple digits this week, so I need to keep drinking.

dowling gram

I use the small containers of sugar free tang drops. 1 squirt into ice cold vanilla almond milk almost gives it the taste of a creamsicle. It's one of my drinks on hot summer days. If I'm not mistaken the powdered tang contains sugar

adiantum

Tang used to be available here but sadly no longer in the two major supermarkets I use.

I just googled  orange julius  & see that its a US product.

Also found  a  comment that  said "Orange Julius is Tang with egg white powder.

So that could be a way to increase ones protein intake if needed.

Moonpie

The one I got is sugar free, I like the idea of mixing it with milk, I have a carton of almond milk to use up, summer is the perfect time to do so Thanks for the tips.

eta: I would never recommend the sugar version , even to non D

LaRue
On 8/4/2017 at 3:14 PM, TX_Clint said:

When I was a kid we only had Tang for a morning drink. Real orange juice was much too expensive. Besides the astronauts drank it.... the TV commercial said so. :/

Yes indeed. My grandmother, who moved to the USA from Poland back in the 1910's embraced all things American.

She loved TANG as it was the "Breakfast of Astronauts"

Coravh

You can get Tang in drops now, like Mio. No cals/carbs and you can make it a glass at a time. it comes in grape flavor too. Yum! I keep it in my purse.

OneEye

@Moonpie: That wall that you folks are sitting on; when I was a kid I used to bike from Camp Curry Housekeeping to the Camp 16 store, buy a couple bags of peanuts...then bike up to that spot. There used to be a family of squirrels down off the other side of that wall. Cute li'l creatures...until you ran out of peanuts.

Moonpie

@OneEye the squirrels there drive me to distraction. I always bring avocados to eat & some of the pits, may, fall off the table & allegedly roll down the slope to keep the critters away.

mzteacher

Many years ago a friend from the LA are told me about Sugar Free Tang. I had never heard of it. When traveling down the coast with a friend I saw it and tried it. Loved it. It was my go to drink. I had to order it  as it never sold in my area. Then suddenly they stopped making it. People on Amazon were upset it had stopped production in the reviews. I saw the Tang drops maybe two years ago. It does not say on the container sugar free-which is too bad as many might not read the tiny print to see it is. It is great I love it and put drops in my water bottles all the time. It is my new go to drink. I certainly will check out local Dollar Tree's to see if I can get the powder there to make pitchers at home. I mentioned the drops on here a while back. My understanding is the powder was available in sugar free from Mexico all along. I never ordered it. I get my drops at Walgreem's and Lucky. You can also order from Walmart. I had just reached a point after sooo many years drinking Chrystal Light lemonade I was really ready for a change. The first meal I ever cooked as a little girl was Tang and toast with a friend and remember feeling so very grown up. So I guess it holds a special place in my heart and the astronauts! 

skinwants

Your morning with a refreshing glass of Tang! Each delicious glass of Tang contains 100% Daily Value Vitamin C per serving and is a good source of calcium to help start your day right.

Tang Brand Drink Mix, using cap, into plastic or glass container. Add cold water; stir to dissolve. Serve over ice or refrigerate.Since contents may settle during shipping, turn canister over and shake before using. Store prepared beverage, covered, in refrigerator. Replace Dry cap and tightly close container to retain freshness.May have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.