Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oblivious

Low carb rebuttal

Dave_KC
9 minutes ago, oblivious said:

I am all about animal welfare, preserving our ecosystems and my (and others) health.

And I agree with you that this diet option may not be for everyone.

I believe in conservation, but not environmentalism.  

10 minutes ago, oblivious said:

Often people from the other side of the discussion say that you can`t get complete protein, enough omegas or all your vitamins and minerals from plant based foods.

Then Mic or others show that plant based foods can actually be better at suplying those nutrients than any animal based product can be.

Most opponents of Veganism that know their stuff don't say that people can't get the appropriate nutrition from plant based sources, but they do say that it's dramatically more difficult, and may at times be very impractical.  Mic is very biased, and wants people to hear his veganism, but he didn't demonstrate that it's just as easy, because it is more challenging to get the things needed it the diet.  

oblivious
3 minutes ago, Dave_KC said:

Most opponents of Veganism that know their stuff don't say that people can't get the appropriate nutrition from plant based sources, but they do say that it's dramatically more difficult, and may at times be very impractical.  Mic is very biased, and wants people to hear his veganism, but he didn't demonstrate that it's just as easy, because it is more challenging to get the things needed it the diet.  

He is sertainly as biased as can be, and he might not demonstrate that it`s easier..

But I have found it to be easier (and tastier), at least in my short vegan career.

I might be missing something here though, since I am very new to this.. is there anything in particular you are thinking about that is harder to get as a vegan?

Dave_KC

Let me just say something that I hope is clear and understood @oblivious, no matter how, I hope that you are able to safely manage your diabetes, and stay healthy as long as you can, no matter what your diet is.  For your sake, I hope the vegan approach works for you.  I'm admittedly skeptical, but I still hope you are able to control it through your new diet.  

Keep us up to date on how it goes.  

oblivious
1 hour ago, Dave_KC said:

Let me just say something that I hope is clear and understood @oblivious, no matter how, I hope that you are able to safely manage your diabetes, and stay healthy as long as you can, no matter what your diet is.

Likewise!

It`s through open and honest discussions I believe we get to the truth, or at least closer to it.

To many people get bogged down in arguments and let their feelings take over, that just gets us no where.

I see this all the time in vegans vs. the world, it`s like a warzone sometimes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.