Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kdost

Whey Protein / Whey Isolate for Diabetics

kdost

Hi All, 

I've never used whey protein before but I've read a lot of great things about it, particularly with how it can help Diabetics manage their blood sugar.

I've been thinking about buying either 100% whey isolate or whey concentrate, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on what brands of whey protein you use. 

Some have told me non-hydrolyzed whey protein is better than hydrolyzed, in terms of value and benefits gained. Others have mentioned to get ultra-filtered whey protein as opposed to cross-filtered etc.

There are so many different types out on the market, it would be helpful if someone would be able to shed light on the better products.

Thanks for your help!

Serenityearly

I chose EAS 100% Whey powder (30g protein, very low/no carbs, low/no sugar). I am not sure about whether it is non-hydrolyzed or hydrolyzed. It works great in my smoothies or shakes. I also drink Premier shakes already made as a meal replacement if I'm not really hungry. It has 30 g of protein & very little sugar or carbs. I just chose the least complicated labeled products with as much protein as I could get. I hope this helps. 

dowling gram
5 hours ago, Pharmascience1 said:

Pharmascience Health Gainer for Weight gain

Mens need many calorie requirements that many men have proves to be incredibly trying Pharmascience health gainer a weight gainer makes this far easier. If you consider the fact that there are weight gainers available that pack in over a thousand calories per shake .

For more visit

There is no advertising on this site. This is the second post that I've seen this ad in and it's not allowed

stevenal

How does it help diabetics manage blood sugar? I suppose it would be beneficial if you are using it to replace carbohydrates otherwise eaten, but fat is a better choice. Through neo-glucogenesis, our livers do great job of converting excess protein to glucose. Whatever you do, test.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.