Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strwbryicecream

New to Gestational Diabetes

Strwbryicecream

Hello,

I was diagnosed with GD about 2 weeks ago, and have been testing 4 times a day since. I'm supposed to be under 95 in the AM, and under 120 2 hours after meals. For the most part my number have been good, 90% under 120. My worst number is my AM/fasting number...it's always right at 95 or a few above or below. I'm afraid of being put on Insulin. Does anyone know what your numbers have to be before they will put you on it? Do all numbers need to be consistently high?

Also, yesterday I tested after lunch and my number was 164... I though there was no way, so I tested again right after and it said 106. Has anyone else had this happen? Was it just a faulty test strip?

TIA

TX_Clint

First, it's important to wash the test site good and dry before testing. It's easy to get a contaminated test otherwise. That would explain the 164 drop to 106.

The other guidelines, 95 morning fasting and below 120 are strict but doable. Take care with your diet and a walk after a meal would be helpful. 

The numbers you posted look quite good to me. But as to what your doctor will think needs insulin I can't say. However, I don't think you are anywhere near that point now.

Dave_KC

I definitely agree to make sure the test sites are good, as that really matters.  

Definitely be talking with your doctor and health folks regarding GD.  Also, if you can, see if you know other ladies who have dealt with GD.  It's a little different animal than regular diabetes (t1 or t2).

Eurotoff

The result is not accurate I think and do you consider your foods before fasting? Do you have regular exercise also?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.