Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meyery2k

"Cheater" Braised Short Ribs

meyery2k

I had some really nice thick beef short ribs.  I usually fry the heck out of them and season as Korean Kal-Bi but, this time around, I didn't want kal-bi.

I had a can of Hunt's Spaghetti Sauce from when Kala was home from school.  I have had excellent braised short ribs over the years in various restaurants so an idea formed.

I browned the ribs on the stove in olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and a little cayenne pepper.  I then took the can of sauce and poured it into the pan and covered with foil.

I placed the pan into a pre-heated 300 degree F oven and let it bake until the meat was coming off the bone (for these it was a little over 90 minutes).  I then pulled the ribs and set aside to rest.

I had some broccoli that I had to use up so I cut up the florets into bite sized pieces and placed into the sauce on a medium stove.  I then added some cream and a little sour cream to thicken and seasoned the gravy to taste with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.

Turned out really well.  Prep and clean up were a breeze.  I realize the canned spaghetti sauce has some carbs but they aren't a lot.

Well definitely make again.  Some peppers and onions would really complement the vegetables which could be just about anything we like.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.