Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Wright

Postgraduate courses

John Wright

I have just completed my MBBS, thinking to take a route of becoming a GP or a Family Practitioner. I was wondering if it is worth doing a postgraduate diploma now or wait a bit after gaining some experience? There some good courses on the market, some are almost entirely online, for example Postgraduate diplomas from Rila Institute of Health Sciences and Plymouth University, London (gpcourses.co). They offer courses from Cardiology, Diabetes, Dermatology to even Minor Surgery. Any one has any suggestions?

NoraWI

Ahem... thrilled to be asked BUT... do we really want doctors with online degrees? On the other hand, traditionally trained doctors haven't done so well, in my experience. I say, go for it! If what you find is lacking, then you can still plod through the conventional route... or go to veterinary school. If what is happening with *managed medicine* keeps on going, veterinary medicine will be much more lucrative.

dowling gram

Be careful of those on line degrees. Often they are bogus especially if they don't require the work that a regular bricks and mortar school would require for the degree.

You'll end up being sued when those false degrees are exposed. In Canada our television stations just did an expo-see on these on line degrees. Many of the degree holders were surprised that the degrees were bogus and regretted the money spent on them. Add to that the fact that they are now unemployed with no hope of a job in the field they were in and facing lawsuits.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.