Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lorilei

Medtronic 630 crack

lorilei

Sorry~  it's been a while!  Anyone here using the 630 or 670 have any issues with cracks in the frame.  I do not recall any significant incident of dropping or hitting it ( although, true, this pump likes to jump off the clip from time to time).  It's a pretty big crack all of the way down and around the battery side~my pump has only been in action since February and not put through anything challenging~still under warranty.  Just surprised at the quality and size of the crack and was wondering if anyone else experienced this.

NoraWI

I use the Animas Ping and once did develop a crack, but a very thin one. I was told by Animas customer service that sometimes overtightening the battery cover will crack the case. They immediately sent me a replacement pump and asked for the cracked one back. Call Minimed. They will probably expedite a replacement, too.

notme

Where did the develop?   I have had one crack in my paradigm that was in the threading area of the reservoir.   I am pretty rough on pumps.  Thank God for the warranties.   

lorilei

It's a large crack around the battery side but not likely from over tightening it.  i am actually wondering if the lousy clip contributed to the cause....sometimes my pump jumps off my clip and takes a swing..the only thing I can think of..was curious to see if this was a trend as this pump seems more "hollow" than the previous , more compact versions. 

NoraWI

Now that Animas is closing shop, they are handing us over to Medtronics for Customer Service, follow up, supplies and a possible changeover to their pump. I already knew that Medtronics Customer Service has a lot lacking, but now I'm hearing the problems with the pumps, equipment and supplies! I am very concerned... :(

lgvincent

I started using mine around March 4th and so far I've had nothing like that.  I do hope you've called customer service and gotten a replacement.  I'd think something like that shouldn't happen.

notme

I have been with Medtronic since 2001.  Customer service has been great, clips on pump are still stupid but they now freely admit it and say they are working on it.  

I do do find that customer service seems to be regional.  I deal with Texas and California office and have had pretty good luck.  I am routed there, not by choice.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.